Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Denver in May

Silly t-birds, I was just joshing. Tavapeak, put your ring back on and wear it proudly. I would - if I could find mine and it still fit, that is. <snort> I had some great friends that went to Wasson (although I really did not remember what the mascot was/is). Ya'll had the district football stadium, but WE had the district swimming pool! So, Moose, what is Palmer's mascot? And my younger sister graduated from whatever school is in the south end of town. Aren't we a cosmopolitan bunch?

Hmmm, maybe we should have a "Tom Bihn" class-type ring. Wouldn't that be fun.

Back on topic - I recommend the zoo and the Will Rogers Shrine. And if enough time - the Pikes Peak Cog Railroad. As to weather, we went up the peak the first full summer I lived there and had a blizzard while we were on top. Memorial Day weekend, I believe it was.
    Last edited by kcarroll55; 04-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Moose and TavaPeak like this.
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

Oh yeah, the topic! The Cog Railway is open all year now - I didn't know that. That one is definitely worth the trip, but take a very warm layer for the top of Pike's Peak (or buy an overpriced sweatshirt). Even in summer it can be quite windy and cold at the top. That would make a wonderful day trip.

Pike's Peak Cog Railway - The world's highest cog railroad, the highest Colorado railroad AND highest train in the United States.
    Moose likes this.

They are the Palmer Terrors, fit my daughter well. The south end, Cheyenne Mountain maybe?

I've got a firefighter/EMT bud that was at the top of the peak yesterday. As you might imagine, snow, cold and wicked wind. IIRC it used to be July or later before I couldn't see snow on the peak from town.
    Take care,
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 04-14-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

You guys are awesome! Oh, and I am so glad I could facilitate this reunion of sorts! We are touring the Mint Friday afternoon and I think are going to try to just do whatever we can walk to the rest of that afternoon and evening. I'm thinking we should rent a car Saturday and see some sights, do some hiking, etc. We are both big time foodies so the restaurant suggestions are great. I am so excited about this trip!

Hi darbs,
    Afraid we may have hijacked your thread, slightly. I hope you got something out of the mini reunion anyway. If you are wandering Friday afternoon its only about two miles from the mint to the botanical gardens, about the same to the Tattered Cover book store and about three miles to the zoo. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do and see.
    Hope you have a wonderful time,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0