Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Traveling with overpackers

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    They also make awesome souvenirs. And gifts to your friends back home.
    Yes! And you can wrap them around other things, like Murano glass. Another hint is that a lot of Italian men's scarves work very well for women, especially the looser springtime weaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    They also make awesome souvenirs. And gifts to your friends back home.
    Or gifts to fellow forum members?

I just saw the posting about Jamon Iberico and thought this is funny as I bought some today. A local specialty food store occasionally imports it. It was delicious...and at $170/lb it better be. (I made a nice tasting plate of Jamon Iberico, Jamon Serrano and Prosciutto di Parma. Yum.)

And if any of you are overpackers, live with overpackers, have SO's, better halves, spouses, traveling companions or acquaintances who are overpackers, just send them to my website (see below) and we'll "learn em."

(You may now return to your regular forum activity after that short commercial interruption.)
    backpack and Jenne like this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Or gifts to fellow forum members?
    Well, you'll have to bring enough to share with everybody.

I had the worst souvenir-finding experience in Italy this time. All I wanted was a glass dish (small, for my coins and crap), a wallet, and a "fancy" rosary. I totally struck out. Mrs B, on the other hand, acquired quite a haul. Hopefully things will work in my favor next time, greedy sod that I am.

In my opinion, the ultimate in wallets are the ones by mywalit easily available in florence - both on the bridge and in the piazza by Uffizi. I am contemplating another trip to florence solely to get my hands on another one (minimalist travel wallet - small, space for a couple of cards, coin compartment, preferably zipped). their wallets improve with age - mine is about 5 yrs old - soft as butter, but not at all worn. sigh.... wallet perfection!
    Last edited by jannilee; 02-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.

... ooh .. wallets ... runs to google ....

they are *nice* - and available online ...
    List under construction ....

Yes, mywalit. Every day when we were in Venice, I passed by a shop that was full of them, but I couldn't find the just-perfect thing, if you know what I mean. I have also decided that I need a Europe wallet and a US wallet, because I'd like a coin compartment for Europe. I think online is the way I'll end up going for everything except the dish.

Daisy, it's good to know the mywalits are available online! I, uh, gotta go look at them right now . . .

Oooohhhhh those walits are gorgeous!

heheheh! I knew that Tom Bihn addicts would love Mywalit! Hmm in Venice you say.... It is even easier to convince myself that I NEED to go to Venice. After all I need to fondle ...er... examine them closely.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    heheheh! I knew that Tom Bihn addicts would love Mywalit! Hmm in Venice you say.... It is even easier to convince myself that I NEED to go to Venice. After all I need to fondle ...er... examine them closely.
    I just found the perfect wallet on the Mywalit site. Only €29, too! And you totally need to go to Venice. The same shop that sold the Mywalits also sold gloves in the same array of colors.

Okay, so what shop and where????? Slim credit card ID holder or standard wallet??? And what colour?

It's this one, off the mywalit site. It's actually only €27.50! It just gets better and better.

The shop in Venice? It didn't really have a name. It was in a piazza near the San Toma vaporetto stop, right around the corner from Bar Ai Nomboli. There was another shop with the same gloves near the Frari church, as well, but I think they just had gloves and umbrellas and stuff.

There was also another mywalit vendor right next to Bar Ciak 1, also in San Toma, where all the gondoliers hang out.
    Last edited by Badger; 02-03-2012 at 08:25 AM.

...writing down details in travel journal.... Can I REALLY justify a fourth trip to Venice when there are still so many places to see??? Absolutely!! (Ignoring fact that there are Mywalit vendors in Spain as well)

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    ...writing down details in travel journal.... Can I REALLY justify a fourth trip to Venice when there are still so many places to see??? Absolutely!! (Ignoring fact that there are Mywalit vendors in Spain as well)
    We started talking about returning to Venice while we were still there! We're now in the process of trying to persuade all of our friends to go there with us, since I am positive that going out to dinner is more fun with a big group. Regarding Spain: I've wanted to walk the last leg of the Camino de Santiago for a really long time, but if I'm honest, it's more fun to ride vaporetti, lounge about in cafes, and eat seafood pasta. Sigh.

There's a conference next year in Las Vegas, and I think I'm going to stay at the Venetian just so I can pretend stuff.
    snowbot likes this.

Great Avatar Badger! I have a wonderful B&B for you to stay at next time you are in Venice -3749 ponte chiodo. I have never been to Vegas but somehow i don't think it can match getting lost in the back streets of Venice. Now for an avatar....ponders.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0