Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Under seat bag storage

Wow, another good argument for the Nikwax. Guess I should add some to my next order.

OMG I should not have read this thread. All these things I never imagined before. Makes sense that last year when I went to Disney World I came down with a terrible sinus infection which I believe I contracted whilst on my flight to DW
    Note to self: Cover western flyer in trash bag and bring disinfectant wipes for everything else! Yuck!
    Good post Moose you have made me much more aware of things I usually ignore (or maybe am just in denial about )
    Moose likes this.

gmoskal, too funny. After seeing where this thread went I WILL NOT be putting an unprotected bag under a seat EVER again. Heck, I'm hard pressed to even put a bag on my dining room table these days.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    I'm talking about a couple of sheets of Bounty-like towels. No more wasteful than a garbage bag which if it's sitting on the floor you probably don't want to pack in your carry-on and reuse.
    Oooooo somehow I had an image of REAL towels in my mind. You're absolutely right; 3 sheets (not yet torn off at the perforation) would make a perfect little protective layer!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    So many restrooms don't have hooks, and if they do it is really hard to hang up an aeronaut on a little restroom hook - plus a coat and a purse!
    BEST SOLUTION: The Clipa purse hook.

Purse Hanger | Clipa Instant Handbag Hanger | Purse Hooks

You can hang an elephant off of those things. Well, a 45-pound elephant (they're rated to 45 pounds).
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

LJW
    Wow! That little thing is going to hold up my 20 lb Aeronaut?
    Has anyone used this type of device on something other than a handbag? Seems like the whole table would flip over.
    If it works, I'll buy one today!

Quote Originally Posted by LJW View Post
    Wow! That little thing is going to hold up my 20 lb Aeronaut?
    Has anyone used this type of device on something other than a handbag? Seems like the whole table would flip over.
    If it works, I'll buy one today!
    I've never tested it on a fully loaded Aeronaut, but I think you should be able to clip that over the top of the door, and hang your shoulder strap that way. The thing is pretty rugged.

They have the blingy version in case you want to wear it as a bangle. I do not recommend wearing it through the security gate, though. It's a hefty enough piece of metal that you might set off the metal detector.

I just went and looked, I must get an Abbie! Thanks for the linkie lani!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

I think I have the answer to protect our bags.......luggage condoms.
    snowbot likes this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I'm not sure how serious any of these posts are, but if they are, where does this end? Do you protect your clothes from the germs on the seats, which are surely not cleaned between passengers? Do you not set your bags down in waiting areas or in a hotel room? Personally I prefer to take sensible precautions, such as cleaning my hands before eating and even wiping down the tray table, and beyond that I assume that my daily exposure to germs ensures a robust immune system.

[QUOTE=Jenne;32047 I'll tuck my Kindle and iPhone into my Side Effect and keep everything else in the overhead bin.![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I never considered using the SE for the Kindle. I'm going to check it out right now!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Yes, it is absolutely disgusting. Most flights are barely having excess trash picked up during stops, let alone anything disinfected or cleaned. We recently sat next to a couple on a flight who carried sanitizing wipes to get rid of the nasties on the tray table and armrests. I've been doing that for years in hotel rooms but for some reason never considered it while flying. Needless to say, we didn't get sick on that trip!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I'm not sure how serious any of these posts are, but if they are, where does this end? Do you protect your clothes from the germs on the seats, which are surely not cleaned between passengers? Do you not set your bags down in waiting areas or in a hotel room? Personally I prefer to take sensible precautions, such as cleaning my hands before eating and even wiping down the tray table, and beyond that I assume that my daily exposure to germs ensures a robust immune system.
    Right on.

Folks, if you think these germs are confined to the plane, think again. The shuttle from the parking place? The bins or conveyer belt at security? The seats in the waiting area at the gate? The rental car shuttle? The germs are everywhere. You'd be shocked at what's in your office or home.

In most cases, it's just not a big deal other than the "it grosses me out when I think about it" factor.

Seriously, people. No one is arguing that germs somehow don't exist in the world. However, planes are a special case because you are confined to a very small space and often cannot move, even when conditions are highly unsanitary. I have never had to sit in close proximity to vomit in my house, but have had to on a plane, and a friend of mine once reached into a seat pouch and came into contact with a used diaper. That is objectively gross, and it's not that crazy to not want to touch it with either one's self or one's hand baggage.

Wipes, plastic covers, anti-germ suits, bacteria shield...

First: Where am I going to put all that stuff?

Second: It would take quite some time to wrap everything tightly between boarding and take off.

Third: I usually keep a short coat or a windbreaker to use as seat cover, it protects my hair and my neck and keeps me warm when gaining altitude.

There is water and wipes available in the bathroom plane if one wants to do a thorough cleaning.

The bottom line is, public transports, which commercial airlines belong to, are, by their public nature, just as hotels, shuttles, rental cars, malls, tourist areas.... prone to carry lots of pathogens.

While it is of great concern for people with compromised immune systems, it is something that people who are healthy have to face.

The only alternative is to drive one's car to one's private plane, only shop online and work from one's isolated single family home.

One should beware of wearing gloves when retrieving one's mail to avoid germs.

The last two phrases are, of course, in jest.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0