Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Italia!

Pizza in Rome

If you're looking for excellent pizza then "dar poeta" in Trastevere is the place to go (vicolo del bologna n. 45), make sure you take some time for a walk around the streets of Trastevere in the evening, I 'm sure you'll have a great time there.

If you feel like walking some more you can cross Ponte Sisto and get to Campo de' Fiori (5 minutes walk from Piazza Trilussa in Trastevere).

Do whatever you want during the day, but don't miss trastevere in the evening...
    Last edited by Franco; 03-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Oh, I've got to get in some recommendations! Dinner near the Spanish Steps @ Il Gabrielo. Best meal my wife and I had in Italy. It's a "splurge" fancy meal, although still nowhere near as pricey as a lot of places. Every single thing we had was perfectly prepared.
    Autolycus we did il Gabrielo for dinner and it was meraviglioso! Thank you so much for the tip!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Jeff, glad I could help. Seriously, people in the queue will shoot lasers from their eyes when you walk past them. You, being a good person, will hide your smugness.

One thing to keep in mind is to try to arrive to the Vatican bit early even with the tickets, since it's possible that there may be a short line for ticket-holders. It will save stress and you will likely appreciate having a few minutes just to gawp. I totally strained my neck staring at the HUGE statue of St. Helena. I wasn't right for days, and it was worth it.
    Badger, great suggestions that I greatly benefitted from!

Posted my day's path through Rome here.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions and I will be getting the Florence and Tuscany portions posted in the next couple of days.

Hi Jeff! I just got back from a few weeks in Italy. For pizza, I've been recommended Pizzeria Dar Poeta - Vicolo del Bologna, 45 - try with their super-buffalo cheeses. That's what we're missing in N. America - the freshmilk deliciously pillowy buffalo! If you're there (it's in Trastevere) you can wander over to Fior di Luna Via Lungaretta, 96 for gelato. They use all natural ingredients, based on whatever's in season. Incredible stuff. In Florence, I did a food & wine tour with Walks of Italy, which was great (I only had a few days in the city so it seemed the wisest option) and I'd recommend trying out Cibreo for restaurants (Ristorante Cibreo).

Other pizza option is RIGHT near the Termini station in Rome (really convienient) - Meid in Nepols - Via Varese, 54. They're lunch and dinner, closed Sundays and in between the two meals. It's a new restaurant, but it's got terrific pizza, homemade pastas and their roasted artichoke was incredible. Sharing encouraged

-Jodi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0