Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Road trip music

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    I have not yet but I will look her up. I am the commercial/pro end of things as a mfgr rep in the SE. We sell QSC, Sennheiser, RDL, WPW and some other stuff...

Thanks for the tip on Hillary Cole!
    Sorry for the delayed reply,I have been camping and freezing while at it!

I have a good friend that is a Pro Rep. He sells Renkus,SKB,Galaxy,Digico,Rane,etc.

I am mainly in resi.install and commercial service.
    I do sell Savant,Elan,Sonance-Sound Advance and nowadays anything at all as it is easy to get it "Sideways" as you know when times are rough!
    It frees me up to install the best for the application not just what I am signed up to sell.
    Times have really changed.

It is ironic really that no one needs what I sell and I have never been busier. A good place to be.

Small World amongst Bag Ho's?

Ed

If you enjoy Mumford and Sons and are into the singer/songwriter sound Amos Lee, Brett Dennen, and Joshua James have always treated me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    However, I do have a file for my IPod actually called "Road Trip". Much of it is old, but with a beat so you can "dance" in your seat to stay awake while driving.
    I have a similar mix on my iPod called "Workout" which I use at the gym, but which is equally suited for driving.

It's an odd mix of hard rock and country, believe it or not. Motley Crue, Van Halen, Aerosmith, etc. with some Garth Brooks, Toby Keith and such mixed in. Plus some other stuff like the Black Eyed Peas and Flogging Molly thrown in.

I've been really enjoying the Decemberists and their (relatively) new album, The King Is Dead. Another album of theirs, The Crane Wife, is also really great for road trips.
    The opinions expressed do, in fact, represent the opinions of the government--its Congress, Supreme Court, and President--as well as the United Nations and its representatives; because, let's face it, I have that kind of power at my disposal.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I listen to a big mix of stuff that's on my iPhone, and right now I'm most pleased when songs from these artists/albums come on: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - HOWL, Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People and Nick Cave/Warren Ellis - White Lunar

I'd like to find more new music to add to my playlists, so here's a bump for this thread so that we get more responses.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I work at TOM BIHN
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I listen to a big mix of stuff that's on my iPhone, and right now I'm most pleased when songs from these artists/albums come on: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - HOWL, Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People and Nick Cave/Warren Ellis - White Lunar

I'd like to find more new music to add to my playlists, so here's a bump for this thread so that we get more responses.
    Mogwai is excellent road trip music! In that same vein, these are two of my favorite road trip records: Explosions In The Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth and Do Make Say Think - Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn

I like to listen to things that are drawn out and pretty enough to relax me, but not so quiet as to put me to sleep.

I'm a little embarrassed about my promise to make a playlist for the summer. I, um, applied for a job this past summer, got it, and had to move to a different state (and if you've ever done the academic job market, you know how weird that timeline is).

I'll definitely put something together for us for spring break.

@eastercat: we were supposed to see the Decemberists in Indianapolis this past summer, and they canceled literally hours before the concert. It was a huge bummer. The King Is Dead was a nice return after the strange (yet oddly compelling) The Hazards of Love.

@everyone else: thanks for all the awesome recommendations! Spring break! I promise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0