Volunteer Moderator

this should not have happened...

co-pilot moved seat, sent jetliner plummeting.

i don't know if i should react to this with shock, fear, pity or laughter.

oh, just to be clear, co-pilot in the aforementioned article is not a reference to the wonderful personal size carry-on bag made by tom bihn.

And here I was thinking that somebody's carry-on luggage started moving about on its own, scaring the living daylights out of the stewardess, and causing a panic at 30,000 feet.

Silly me!
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

What should scare you Maverick is the fact they claim the co-pilot wasn't trained on how to recover from the dive.

I'll never fly that airline. Not trained? In the U.S., the first officer must be able to recover from any emergency situation on his own in case something happens to the Captain. If he doesn't pass training, he doesn't fly.

BTW--most private pilots can recover from a straight dive.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    What should scare you Maverick is the fact they claim the co-pilot wasn't trained on how to recover from the dive.

I'll never fly that airline. Not trained? In the U.S., the first officer must be able to recover from any emergency situation on his own in case something happens to the Captain. If he doesn't pass training, he doesn't fly.

BTW--most private pilots can recover from a straight dive.
    yeah - i'm not completely buying their story of what happened...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0