Thread: SpacePak?

SpacePak?

Has anyone either used or seen these items? SpacePak. I'm wondering how they might work inside the Aeronaut to get a bit more compression that you get from the packing cubes.

A very interesting find, their SpacePaks.

I've never seen or heard of them before. It would be interesting to see how they would work in a variety of Bihn and non-Bihn bags. (Everything from the Aeronaut to the Tri-Star to the Western Flyer and Brain Bag, etc., to duffels and other travel cases.)

Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by MtnMan; 08-11-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: typo correction

I'm not sure that I get the advantages over packing cubes--which is what they seem to be. To the extent that they allow a bit of compression, they will tend to lead to the clothing being quite creased by time you unpack. And the toiletry bag can't be used as the video shows--with various liquid items buried within the hanging bag instead of in a removal liquids and gels bag.

If you try them, I'd strongly advice bundle packing or rolling your clothes within the bag, unless you can tolerate creased clothing or you don't mind ironing.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

How are they any different from a packing cube?? The only compression i could see was the compression from the dude leaning down on the spacepak whilst he was zipping it up.

Now that you mention it, Eagle Creek seems to have a better compression setup in some of its PackIt! lines of garment packing products. I go back and forth between being impressed by how much travel luggage accessories have evolved to wondering why there isn't more innovation and design progress in this field.

I personally don't need any compression in my travel bags. As it is, if you are fairly efficient at packing, they can get too heavy. TB bags hold so much so efficiently that my biggest problem is packing too much, not needing to be able to pack more! As always, YMMV.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    I personally don't need any compression in my travel bags. As it is, if you are fairly efficient at packing, they can get too heavy. TB bags hold so much so efficiently that my biggest problem is packing too much, not needing to be able to pack more! As always, YMMV.
    +1 A fully loaded Aeronaut is heavy even without compression.

Thanks for all the comments. I still think that my Aeronaut packing cubes are great, the only thing that I'd like for my packing cubes is some sort of folding board that they have the the Eagle Creek Pack It Folders.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0