Best Travel Alarm Clock?

I'm partial to my Braun AB314sl. It tells time the old fashioned way. The alarm setting must be spun around the face of the clock. It has a snooze button (YAY!) and a light (also YAY!) that you can push in the middle of the night to see the time.

Unfortunately, this thing is approaching the end of its useful life. It's almost 20 years old and the alarm setting is a total guess (I'm usually in the ballpark but I can't do a precise setting any more). Plus, I suspect the clock is gaining time.

I'd love to get another Braun model to replace this one but they're impossible to find. What travel alarms would you recommend and why?

(I know I can set alarms on iPods, cell phones, etc. I just don't care to do so. I want a clock that I can keep bedside. It needs to be easy to set, with a snooze, and something so I can see the time in the dark.)

Any advice from you travelling folks would be most appreciated!

This is my new favorite alarm clock--at home and traveling:

http://www.moshilifestyle.com/Produc...avelAlarmClock

Shop around for better prices. I know Bed, Bath and Beyond carries them for $20.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I'm going to try and use my iPod Touch. I'm even using it at home to get used to the alarms and recharge. I also plan to get a tiny speaker for travel so I can use a white noise application for sleeping. I hope to be able to run both at the same time with the new OS.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

The iPhone's built-in clock app is the best alarm clock I've ever had -- at home or on the road. I can't even remember what I used for travel alarms before my iPhone.

I use my blackberry. I have an app that allows me to set lots of different alarms.

I use a Shake Awake - tried to post link but it wont go - search 'Shake Awake travel alarm clock' at Amazon and it's the Shake Awake Sonic Alert for $25.95. (Note this is NOT the alarm on the model's wrist - that's the wrong one)

It's worth the money. I've used mine daily for over 5 years and I love it. You can set the alarm to sound or vibrate - great for taking naps in departure lounges. The sound or vibration increases as it goes so even the dead awaken. I learned about it from a flight attendant. She was dead asleep in turbulence, deadheading, and the vibrate mode shot her wide awake! She had it clipped to her collar.

Big button for the light and snooze, smaller button you need to awaken for to turn the alarm off. No fear of going back to sleep and missing your flight!

The base flips up to cover the buttons for packing. All in all, it's worth the higher price. There are lots of reviews on Amazon (56) for you to read, as well.

When mine dies (may it be a long time coming) I'm buying another!
    Indigo Co-Pilot w' Cache, Sapphire/Olive Medium Cafe bag, Sapphire/Black and Indigo Ballistic Swifts, 50+ assorted Stuff Sacks/Pouches/Key Straps, 4 Shop Bags. 2 Absolutes, 2 Strap Wraps, a #5 Brain Cell, 3 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes , 3 Aeronaut cubes, a 3D, a Kit, a Convertible Shoulder Bag and Convertible Backpack for my Indigo/Solar Aeronaut. Last, 3 Lifefactory Bottles and my Plum Field Journal! Plus a blue (natch) FOT. All bags decked out with Tom Bihn luggage tags .