Two carry-ons allowed for flights from Canada to US

In case you didn't hear, if you're travelling from Canada to the US, you're allowed 2 carry-ons again.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/1...s_restrictions

Hurray! I'm planning two international trips via Vancouver this summer and I was dreading the carry-on limitations, since my standard traveling gear is my Tristar and an Imago.

I still can't figure out why Canada inbound flights, in contrast to other international flights into the US, necessitated such extraordinary measures. Most Canadians I know seem pretty laid back. Or am I missing something?
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

The ban was there to quickly move people through security.

After the Christmas shoe bomber, the U.S. insisted on increased security which was more intense and required more work per passenger. Canada wasn't ready considering how many people travel between the two countries.

Now, with the increase in manpower, and the introduction of full body scanners, Canadian security can handle more bags per person.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I don't think he was a shoe bomber, I think he was an underwear bomber, at least that's what the joke was when this was news

You're right Lime...I'm getting my bombers confused.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.