packing list apps for ipod touch pls

TB forum seems like a great resource to tap for recommendations on ipod touch app's for packing lists needed for upcoming trips. I want one with check boxes so that once the list is made I can check as I pack the Aeronaut and Imago and then uncheck and reuse the list next trip. Thanks!

By the way, the ipod touch and its cords fit nicely in the Small Padded Organizer Pouch. Tethered on its Key Strap, the pouch is easy to locate quickly in any TB bag!
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. UltrasuedeŽ pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Hi!

There are so many apps out there it gets overwhelming sometimes trying to choose the one that will best fit your needs. After a quick app store search I found "Lists Free" which allows you to create a list, check, uncheck and reuse.

Some helpful app finding tips:

AppJudgement: This quickly became my second favorite show on Revision3. There are seven hosts total, most notable being Patrick Norton who hosted an excellent show called Screen Savers on TechTV. I enjoy having seven separate hosts, it gives you a different perspective on each app. They also have a pro and cons list for each app they feature giving you a good idea of what works on the app and what needs help.

http://revision3.com/appjudgment

Chomp: This is a free app that helps narrow down your choices by seeing the popularity of an app and showing you some popular apps you may not have known even existed. I like the "App Celebrities" feature which lets you follow the favorite apps of the "stars".
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

There are 2 free apps that I have been testing. You can also buy their full versions which address some of the limitations of the free versions.

uPackingList:
    Good: Able to define new categories and new items. For example they already have a camera entry, but if you have a Canon camera and a Nikon camera, you can add them as separate entries. Gives you quick overview of % completed and number of items completed (for example 8/10). Unlimited number of lists.

Not so good: No quantity field. For example you cannot set 1 pair of contact lenses per week and have it calculate quantity for a 3-week trip. But you can manually enter the number, or create one list for a 1-week trip and another for a 2-week trip. No ability to make notes.

Pack Free
    Good: Able to create mini-lists by bag (for example carry-on and main suitcase). Can have quantity per day and have it calculate total quantity needed for duration of trip. Can add notes. Easy to view what's packed and what's not packed.

Not so good: Only one list for one trip at a time. Cannot define new categories - you must stick to the categories already set for you. For example cannot have "Books" as a category for the carry-on bag.

I've been playing with these 2 apps for a while and I'm leaning toward uPackingList simply because I can keep many lists at the same time. But Pack Free has a more intuitive user interface, and I like the ability to keep count.

Hi, Skylark. I don't have an iPod Touch, so maybe this won't help, but on the Mac, you can get a checkmark (actually, a square root sign) using option-V. Does this work on the iP Touch?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We asked folks via Twitter what they use, and nukediver replied with this suggestion: Packing Pro
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks, everyone for the great suggestions. Off to the App Store.

Recommendations from TB users - THE BEST!
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. UltrasuedeŽ pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Thumbs up Listpro

I've been using ListPro for years.

Besides a packing list, the app can can be used for other lists.

However, not an ipod touch app.

I used Listpro and Ewallet on a Palm device. When I moved to Win mobile, the database's moved right with it. I didn't have to go through any conversion.
    Plus, your information is also available as a windows app and syncs to the device.

EWallet is available for the iphone. I'm sure they also are developing for the Android platform.

Listpro uses file synching while Ewallet uses record synching.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I don't know if you've found the perfect packing list app yet or not but Frommer's recently released a pretty awesome app that includes packing lists, currency converter and a cute post card generator!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

My packing list:
    - as much as I can fit in the Aeronaut and a medium cafe bag or other similar small bag

Because that's all that's coming...even if it is for a month in Europe. hate checking bags.

Generating a list might be fun though... will check out some of those apps!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0