Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thumbs up Pack a Starter Gun

Yes, pack a starter gun in your TB bag when flying, and of course declare the weapon to TSA, then your stuff will arrive intact without being ripped off...a very clever idea that turns TSA regulations to your advantage.

Click here to read article!
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Hmmmm. I love the idea but I have to wonder if the lock used is the TSA lock and therefore one that any TSA person could UNlock at any time. Just a thought.
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

The people that discovered this technique are mostly photojournalist who want to protect their gear...I thought it was very creative.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

It is extremely creative! Hats off to them!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Not sure if that will work for a Tom Bihn bag. I'd have to read through all the rules, but when I've traveled with a weapon it had to be in hard sided case (which would work for a photographer)