Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Question Calling all Aussies...

My nephew was given a trip by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I am looking for recommendations on a travel book/guide for Sidney and Brisbane. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Hi ex machina,

I moved to Sydney (from Brisbane!) about 4 years ago. When I arrived I bought "Top 10 Sydney (EYEWITNESS TOP 10 TRAVEL GUIDE)" published by DK. It has self guided walking tours, ideas for day trips, and some excellent maps. I still love exploring Sydney on the public ferries - there much cheaper than cruises and you can explore at your own pace!

I've never used a guidebook for Brisbane (since it's my home town) but I've found "Trip Advisor" a good resource for other places in Australia:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...ueensland.html

These two sites might also give you ideas:
    http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-and-do
    http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...nd-do_home.cfm

Hope this helps!
    Em

Thumbs up

Thanks, Em! It's just what I was looking for.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

I don't know if there are really any good books. You could try asking the locals though....

I'm in Melbourne, which does have lovely attactions of its own. What sort of things is your nephew interested in?

Notmensa: check your private mail!

Audrey

Well, he was asking me what he should see. Now that he has the trip, and I think it was all about taking a trip with family, he is looking for a to-do list. Places to see, things to visit. I suggested the famous Opera House but I would like to buy him a good book for his trip as a Christmas present.