Volunteer Moderator

air france to charge $50 / 50 for checking in a second bag

hi folks,

i just got an email from air france indicating that they will start charging a fee of $50 / €50 for the second checked baggage for economy class tickets issued starting november 1st on flights between the u.s. and europe - see press release for all the details.

i imagine that this means we'll see an increase in carry-on luggage. or perhaps we won't - do people who normally check in two big suitcases also bring aboard a large carry-on? in which case, they'll still bring aboard a large carry-on, and either check one bag or pay to check a second (or more) bag(s).

anyhow, i'm glad that tom bihn offers the aeronaut, tri-star and western flyer, all of which can easily be stowed in the overhead compartment as well as under the seat in front of you if needed!
    Last edited by maverick; 10-20-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    -m

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    hi folks,

i just got an email from air france indicating that they will start charging a fee of $50 / 50 for the second checked baggage for economy class tickets issued starting november 1st on flights between the u.s. and europe - see press release for all the details.

i imagine that this means we'll see an increase in carry-on luggage. or perhaps we won't - do people who normally check in two big suitcases also bring aboard a large carry-on? in which case, they'll still bring aboard a large carry-on, and either check one bag or pay to check a second (or more) bag(s).

anyhow, i'm glad that tom bihn offers the aeronaut, tri-star and western flyer, all of which can easily be stowed in the overhead compartment as well as under the seat in front of you if needed!
    There was an interesting recent article called The Truth about Airline Bag Fees which concluded that these extra bag charge fees were actually hurting the airlines' bottom line. As a useful aside, the article provided a link to Orbitz's page summarizing checked bag and meal fee charges by airlines.

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0