It's just so nice to finally read a positive post about Air Canada. As you may or may not know, Air Canada is the airline Canadians love to hate. My husband worked for AC for 37 years so, as you imagine, we see it differently but we have to confess we don't always mention where he works unless asked because people will always tell us a horror story about how AC lost their luggage or how AC made them miss their flight when they got to the airport 45 mins before the flight during a busy holiday... Or how they can get a better deal elsewhere...

Unfortunately, most people don't know the constraints under which airlines operate, or what part of their trip is actually dictated by airport rules or other variables. But that's besides the point and I won't turn this post into a rant . I'm just glad that despite all the new security rules, a captain & his crew were able to still show the cockpit to a young child. It's also amazing to see the impact of such a small act of kindness. Now we have you have flying lessons and your son asking questions about how commercial pilots are trained. And a memory that he no doubt will carry with him for a very long time.