Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Cool Vegas with an Aeronaut.....

Even with the shipping delay my new Steel/Solar Aeronaut should arrive in plenty of time for my October Vegas Trip. I'm looking forward to one-bagging it.

For the first time we are bringing our kids, aged 16, 19 & 22. Any suggestions for keeping them entertained and amused?

Also any suggestions for places to stay as our reservations at a certain hotel shaped like a castle are still a bargain, but if the service in person is any measurement of the service on the phone, guests will be placed in a torture dungeon.

Thanks all.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by North Boy View Post
    Even with the shipping delay my new Steel/Solar Aeronaut should arrive in plenty of time for my October Vegas Trip. I'm looking forward to one-bagging it.

For the first time we are bringing our kids, aged 16, 19 & 22. Any suggestions for keeping them entertained and amused?

Also any suggestions for places to stay as our reservations at a certain hotel shaped like a castle are still a bargain, but if the service in person is any measurement of the service on the phone, guests will be placed in a torture dungeon.

Thanks all.
    hi north boy,

a 16 year old, 19 year old and 22 year old in vegas? just keep them where you can see them!

when we go to vegas, it is to visit my wife's sister. so we don't stay on the strip.

the last time we were there, we stayed at the red rocks, and it was very nice. unlike the hotels on the strip, it is much quieter. we had a great view of red rocks from our room. i did a horse back ride through red rocks, which was a lot of fun. they have a nice gym and spa, also. and, if you want to go down to the strip, it is about a 15 or 20 minute drive. if i am not mistaken, they have shuttle service to take you there.

i haven't seen any shows, but my wife has. i'll ask her and her sister who lives there and let you know...

the first picture is of the view from our room at red rocks. below are the swimming pools and move is red rocks.

the second picture is of the bellagio and caesar's palace on the strip.

the third picture is of me (with a smart alec on my back). i carried water, snacks, and my 5d with a 24-70mm f/2.8L lens.

the fourth is of the horses.

the fifth is a picture i took during the horse back ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by maverick; 08-21-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    -m

Thanks Maverick,

I should clarify, my wife and I have been to Vegas 5 times and have seen numerous shows. My latest favs would be "Jersey Boys", my biggest dissapointment, "Wayne Newton". Must see recommedation would be "O", my don't bother "Patters & Coasters etc."

As far as hotels go, our preference came to be to stay at the Orleans, but they couldn't match the rate offered by the Castle Shaped Hotel. By taking the kids, we do want to economize, but after the phone service we received in inquiring about changes to room etc by Castle Shaped Hotel, I am beginning to have the "more money, less patience" syndrome. Probably why I have a MBP and a Tom Bihn bag.

I will check out Red Rock.

Thanks Again.
    NB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0