Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Volunteer Moderator

off to toronto for the weekend

hi folks,

my son and i are flying up to toronto on saturday morning for an overnight visit.

we'll pack a couple of changes of clothes for each of us along with basic toiletries. i'll also pack my macbook, some books and activities for the trip, as well as a point and shoot camera.

i think i'm going to do this with the ruck's sac, a soft cell, a packing cube, and the 3d clear organizer cube. a western flyer would work for this purpose just as well as the ruck's sac.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi folks,

we had a wonderful and early start to the morning. we had potato stuffed indian flat breads (parathas), tea and banana bread for breakfast with some friends. then we headed to the airport. the air canada flight that was supposed to be a 10:35am on-time departure ended up leaving around 1:20pm. we were advised by ground staff that this was due to weather related delays, and i was recalling memories from my recent trip there. we learned when we boarded that it was due to equipment issues that the airplane coming from toronto was late.

my 3 and a half year old son and i decided to leave the airport and venture out. washington, dc's subway system has a stop at reagan national airport. we took the train to rosslyn and went for a walk, picked up some lunch at chop't, and then took the subway back to the airport.

we didn't quite make it into a ruck's sac. my wife wanted me to bring a few things, including a pair of shoes and other odds and ends. so we instead packed in the tri-star, and everything went very nicely with us. i was very comfortable carrying it around in backpack form. going through security was a breeze.

we have some fun pictures to share, but it will have to wait until we return because i didn't pack the card reader for this trip.

we are scheduled to take the 8:40am flight tomorrow morning... hopefully it will leave on time.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi folks,

here are a few pictures from our trip...

the first is a picture of the tri-star aboard a subway.

the second is a picture of the tri-star in air canada's carry-on fitting unit.

the third is a picture of the tri-star in the overhead compartment of air canada's Embraer E-190 regional jet, which, by the way provided very roomy seating in economy class.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thank you for the pics with REAL size references also in the picture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0