Thread: Miami Tips?

Miami Tips?

I'll be headed down to Miami this weekend for the Ultra Music Festival.

Wondered if anyone on the board had any tips for Miami or Ultra if you have been or are going?

Got my flights and hotel setup, staying near the airport, and I'll be packing my Tom Bihn Western Flyer, leaving the MacBook and Brain Cell behind as this is a vacation trip (no work allowed!).

Down the road from the airport, right off of 42nd and SW 7th, is w/o any doubt, one of the finest, if not the finest Cuban Restaurant in all of Miami, La Rosa. The prices are downright reasonable, food is superb, atmosphere very comfortable.

This is the place to eat Cuban food!

http://www.larosamiami.com/

Frankie's Pizza, Best in the World

If you like pizza, you need to head a few miles south from the airport to
    Frankie's Pizza, 9118 SW 40th St (Bird Road), (305) 221-0221. It's take out only, Sicilian style.

Frankie's Pizza has been around for over 50 years. It's still run by Frankie's family. You can watch them prepare your pizza. The ingredients are superb and the final result is even better.

http://www.frankiespizzaonline.com

My mouth is watering, just thinking about it.

As for other suggestions, tell us what your interests are. I'm a Miami native and at least a 5th generation (really) Floridian, although I'm currently in exile.

I ended up using my Aeronaut as I packed a little more than could fit in the Western Flyer.

I'm in Miami for vacation so I'm mostly looking to relax.
    I'll check out the food suggestions. Other than that I'll be in Bicentennial Park, at the beach, or at a coffee shop reading.

Any suggestions on beaches?
    I'll be staying in a hotel near the airport and most likely using public transit.
    I'm planning to check out South Beach and see what's there.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Look for Jimbo's. Don't know if it's still there or not, but great place to hang, good fish you can bring home. It's on the way to Key Biscayne as I recall, I think on virginia key. Usually a band weekend afternoons.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0