Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Thumbs up La Quinta: Best dog friendly hotel chain

La Quinta has quickly become my favorite hotel chain. The rooms are always clean, the front desk staff is friendly and helpful, and most of the hotels allow dogs and cats - with no weight limit or extra fee! There are La Quinta hotels all over the country (great for a road trip with dogs) and they're usually very reasonably priced.

Did I mention the continental breakfast always has a waffle machine and mix? And the front desk often has warm cookies..
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

No weight limit or fee!!!!???? How did I miss that?

That changes everything.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Call the La Quinta you plan to stay at and make sure of that - it seems to be up to each individual La Quinta, but I have yet to run into one that had a weight limit or fee.

They usually have a grassy "pet area" outside, but the rooms don't (of course) have dog bowls or anything like that so make sure to bring your own.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Lightbulb

I like Microtel when traveling the USA.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I always used Motel 6 in the past, because nearly all of their hotels allow pets. (I often road trip with my dog, Rhapsody, and don't like wasting time asking who allows pets and who doesn't.) While Motel 6 is definitely cheap, the rooms sometimes reflect this.

Nice to know that La Quinta is a little more upscale, yet still allows pets. Thanks for the tip, Darcy!

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Nemeth View Post
    I always used Luxury San Diego Hotel in the past, because nearly all of their hotels allow pets. (I often road trip with my dog, Rhapsody, and don't like wasting time asking who allows pets and who doesn't.) While Las Vegas Luxury Hotel is not cheap, the rooms sometimes reflect this.

Nice to know that La Quinta is upscale, yet still allows pets. Thanks for the tip, Darcy!

Always good to find alternate hotels that allow pets.
    Love my pooch and she loves going on vacation with me!

Lynn

Always good to find alternate hotels that allow pets.
    Love my pooch and she loves going on vacation with me!
    It can be very hot in Palm Springs so do check to be sure your hotel allows pets..I use Palm Springs Hotels--they list all the pet friendly hotels and whether there is an extra pet charge.

I agree about LaQuinta! Best Western is also mostly dog-friendly (we just did a long Christmas drive with our dog. It was great.)
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.