Vertical Brain Cell and Dell XPS m1210

Was looking to get a vertical Brain Cell for my Dell XPS M1210 as I prefer a backpack over a messenger style bag.

The dimensions of the XPS M1210 are:

11.7 x 9.4 x 1.4 (w/ extended battery)
    11.7 x 8.7 x 1.4 (w/o battery)

I checked the dimensions and the two closest are:

Size 4 - 13.7 10.25 1.3
    Size 3S - 13.15 10.75 1.75

Size 4 is just .1 inch too thin, would it be a big problem, as long as I could get it out. I'd rather have it .1 too thin than .35 too thick, but if the .1 makes it really really difficult then I guess I'll go for 3S. Why is there a size 5 horizontal (perfect fit) but no size 5 vertical!!!

Also my girlfriend has a HP DV2130

It's dimensions are... 13.15 x 9.33 x 1.02 (min D)/ 1.54 (max D)

Which Size 4 or Size 3s?

Thanks and looking forward to buying a brain cell!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    One of the great things about the Size 5 Horizontal Brain Cell is that it will fit properly inside of either a backpack or a messenger bag: that is, with the opening end of the Brain Cell at the top. That's why we don't make a Vertical Size 5 Brain Cell: there's no need to. And even if we did, the Size 5 Brain Cell is pretty square, so a Vertical Brain Cell would look a lot like the Horizontal. I would strongly recommend that you choose the Size 5 Horizontal Brain Cell.

Size 4 would be the best fit for the HP DV2130.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks Darcy.

One question.... The HP DV is tapered and the one thing that worries me about the size 4 is the depth is only 1.3 inches where at the thickest part of the DV the thickest part is 1.54... which is .24 of an inch bigger.

Is that not a problem because the foam will give and the thinner edge provides a space to take the laptop out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxwless View Post
    One question.... The HP DV is tapered and the one thing that worries me about the size 4 is the depth is only 1.3 inches where at the thickest part of the DV the thickest part is 1.54... which is .24 of an inch bigger.
    This is a tough one. Sometimes that kind of difference doesn't make a difference; sometimes it does. I'd recommend trying the Size 4 first: if it doesn't fit, let me know, and we'll arrange an exchange for the 3S that you won't have to pay shipping costs on. Does that sound okay? Then we'll know for sure if the Size 4 is a good fit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    This is a tough one. Sometimes that kind of difference doesn't make a difference; sometimes it does. I'd recommend trying the Size 4 first: if it doesn't fit, let me know, and we'll arrange an exchange for the 3S that you won't have to pay shipping costs on. Does that sound okay? Then we'll know for sure if the Size 4 is a good fit or not.
    Thanks. Placed the order yesterday, supposed to arrived Friday, so we'll let you know! Thanks again.

Upcoming IFT00 (Compal ODM): 337mm(W) x 245mm(D)x 34.2mm(H) on front side, 36.9mm on rear side

There are no perfect fits =/

I work at Tom Bihn

the perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Upcoming IFT00 (Compal ODM): 337mm(W) x 245mm(D)x 34.2mm(H) on front side, 36.9mm on rear side

There are no perfect fits =/
    The size 1 is the best size case we have right now for a laptop of those dimensions. The case will be ever so slightly too big, but hardly noticeable considering.

I'd say the perfect fit is pretty elusive for the most part, no matter where you go. Considering how many laptops there are out there (Mac's are pretty easy, but PC's are a different story) it's difficult to make a case that works well for everything. We attempt to make sizes that do a decent job of fitting a majority of the laptops in existence and have added more and more sizes over the years to try to meet the need of PC users. As new laptops come out in more variations of sizes we sometimes have to change and adapt the sizes that we carry, but for now the current size 1 is a pretty decent fit.

I work at Tom Bihn
    Thanks Darcy.

Is that not a problem because the foam will give and the thinner edge provides a space to take the laptop out? Thanks.
    I think Darcy is right, you should be fine in the size 4 in this case. Anything up to about 1.6 inches thick usually squeezes into the size 4 okay. Especially if you have some give in the other dimensions of the case.

Received both bags and they both fit snugly. Happy with the purchase and my laptop feels safe.

Received both bags and they both fit snugly. Happy with the purchase and my laptop feels safe.
    Excellent news. We'll update our fit list!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0