For Sale: Empire Builder + Absolute Shoulder Strap

Selling my Empire Builder and Absolute Shoulder Strap.

I have a Brain Bag and just ordered the ID for work. New job provided me a smaller laptop (Latitude D420) and I just don't need the size of the Empire Builder any more. I've been using the Brain Bag & Brain Cell for my Thinkpad T43, and want something smaller than the EB for going back and forth to the office.

My Empire builder is black/steel/wasabi, and is one of the models before the carry-on zipper was added to the magazine pocket in back - as well as before improvements were made to prevent tipping.

To combat the tipping problem described in the thread linked above, I glued two rectangle "feet" from a DVD bag I had lying around onto the bottom front end of the main section that sits on the floor. It definitely helps with the tipping problem, but it does mean the bag has been modified. It doesn't look bad at all - and the bag itself is in excellent condition. Just know that there are two feet glued on the bottom.

I am leaving town in the morning and will post pictures of the bag (and its feet) when I return next week.

I wanted to post here first, since I will likely list the bag on eBay after I return. I'd prefer to sell to someone here if possible. Will probably list on eBay for USD$125 for bag and strap. Will sell both here for $100. I have a PayPal account. Will ship UPS Ground within US - buyer pays for any shipping upgrades over & above the cost of UPS Ground (or outside US).

Hate to see it go, but I just don't see myself using it any more.

Feel free to reply here or send me PM if you have any questions. You can also e-mail me at kennethmgreen[AT]gmail[dot]com

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    At this point, we aren't set up to allow forum members to sell their old TOM BIHN bags on the forums. Sorry!

You ARE welcome to post a link to your eBay auction, but we do ask that you don't sell bags through these forums.

Thanks, and good luck!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sorry about that. I checked the forum and saw similar posts for used Tom Bihn stuff for sale.

Can you please clarify what the policy is? I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your previous post. It's OK to post a bag for sale, but not sell through the forums? Does that mean I can post an eBay link or a simple message that says "Used EB for Sale, contact <e-mail>"?

Should all discussion and transactions take place off-line (not on the forum)?

I can certainly understand not wanting any confusion about Tom Bihn selling used products - especially with a transaction you have no control over.

I am happy to follow whatever policy Tom Bihn has - just want to be clear on what that policy is.

Thanks.

No problem! We haven't posted a policy about this kind of thing just yet, and I don't expect you to follow a policy that you don't know exists.

Right now, our policy is that you can post a link to an eBay auction. That's totally fine. And right now, until we come up with a long-term policy, that's pretty much the only thing that we'll allow. No discussion of the sale of a product or any transactions should take place through these forums.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks Darcy.

Would posting something like: "EB for sale. Contact me off-list/off-forum for more info" be OK?

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    We're still working on a policy - in the mean time we'd be OK with:
    "I'm selling an Empire Builder on eBay - <link>click here </link> for details."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    We're still working on a policy - in the mean time we'd be OK with:
    "I'm selling an Empire Builder on eBay - <link>click here </link> for details."
    Perfect. I'll get a page up with details on my Empire Builder in the next day or two, and remove all the details from my original post. Thanks for being so reasonable.

By the way, I've been selling a good friend of mine on Tom Bihn products for months and he just ordered an Aeronaut and Cafe bag tonight.

Thanks for your understanding, kengreen. We really appreciate it!!

We hope to be able to offer some kind of program where customers would be allowed to trade or sell their old bags through the forums sometime in the future.

That would be wonderful. I hate dealing with Ebay.

Just noticed that I cannot edit my previous posts.

Feel free to delete my initial post and/or replace it/update it with the following:

Selling my Empire Builder and Absolute Shoulder Strap. Details here

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We hope to be able to offer some kind of program where customers would be allowed to trade or sell their old bags through the forums sometime in the future.
    Not that I can ever see letting one of my bags go, but this would be a welcome feature to grab something second hand for the kids.

Updated for sale page and uploaded some pictures.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0