Size 6 brain cell (Macbook) in Imago

I haven't received any response from inquiries@tombihn.com for this question I asked them 3-4 days ago. Maybe someone here knows the answer.

I see that Size 6 brain cell is not "recommended" for Imago. But have any of you gone against the recommendation to see if it works for you? I want to ride a bike to work with my Macbook, its power adapter, a wallet, cell phone, mp3 player, two keys, a skinny 80 sheet notebook, a pen, and a 5-6 business cards. I already have a brain cell. So I would like to avoid buying a soft cell just to carry it in an Imago. I like the design, size and price of Imago. So I am not looking at ID. I have also ruled out Buzz because there is no left shoulder version of it. Besides, I don't think Buzz and Aeronaut can coexist when I travel because both are backpacks.

Am I just out of luck with Imago without the $30 soft cell add-on?

Thanks for your help.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi there!

It looks like we didn't receive your email for one reason or another. I'm sorry about that.

You can fit the Size 6 Brain Cell in the Imago, but it's a tight fit that makes the bag look slightly more boxy, so that's why we don't recommend it on the Web site. I think it would be fine if you put your Size 6 Brain Cell in the Imago -- just note that while you can fit everything else that you listed that you need to carry in the bag, you probably wouldn't have a lot of room to fit anything else large.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It works

Thanks, Darcy. I ordered the bag, got it this morning and checked it out with the all the contents I mentioned. It works just fine. The fact that the brain cell makes it boxy is not objectionable to me. It is no different in looks than the Eclipse that I have fondly used for many years with a 15" Powerbook.

btw, I upgraded to the absolute strap, and ordered an Aeronaut too. I thought I could switch the strap between Imago and Aeronaut. But I now realize that I didn't pay attention to the details. The hook hardware is different between the two bags. Bummer!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Thanks, Darcy. I ordered the bag, got it this morning and checked it out with the all the contents I mentioned. It works just fine. The fact that the brain cell makes it boxy is not objectionable to me. It is no different in looks than the Eclipse that I have fondly used for many years with a 15" Powerbook.
    Cool! Glad it worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    btw, I upgraded to the absolute strap, and ordered an Aeronaut too. I thought I could switch the strap between Imago and Aeronaut. But I now realize that I didn't pay attention to the details. The hook hardware is different between the two bags. Bummer!
    We can send you the hardware that you need to put on the Absolute Strap so that it will work with the Aeronaut and the Brain Cell. Send an email to shipping@tombihn.com with your address and a request for the "Absolute Strap hardware".
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0