Thread: New Color idea

Gus

New Color idea

I recently ordered an Ego and due to shipping and holiday weekend issues (mostly of my own doing) I wont be recieving it till tomorrow... however I did notice one thing when I was looking for "the perfect bag"

One color that seems oddly left out of the available fabrics is a nice Burnt Orange. Its a really classy color and I was surpised to see not only no Burn Orange, but nothing even resembling an orange.

I can just see an Ego being Steel/Burnt Orange.

Anyone else have a color they wish they could find on a bag?

Volunteer Moderator
    YES. Wholeheartedly agree on the orange. More bright colors would be awesome.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We've always wanted to add Orange! It's just been a question of finding the right orange. There are a lot of oranges out there, but a lot of them are...ahem...pretty bright.

Here's an idea: can all of you fans of orange post swatches of your ideal color of orange?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Gus
    I like the darker oranges... something like this

in a fabric form

PS- I LOVE my ego and QA-Strap

+1 on the color above ^^^

That's just what I was thinking of when burnt orange was brought up. I could definatly see my Super Ego in Black/Burnt Orange/Steel - with a reflective strip, and buckle. Or just a burnt orange strip for my Black/Steel/Wasabi.

A Cafe Bag in Cocoa and Burnt Orange would be a kewl color combo too.
    Last edited by MikeL; 06-01-2007 at 10:16 AM.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

The custom-for-us orange that Tom is working on is very similar to the orange that Gus posted a picture of.

Here's the shade Tom is working on:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

That's perfect Darcy. Looks great.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Great idea to use orange. I've wanted to suggest this for a while. Before going with the burnt orange please consider this image.

Sorry for the size. Notice the orange in the lower half of this Cessna's cabin. Normally finding anything dropped while flying is difficult (most cockpits are black). However THIS color orange would make floor visibility much easier.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Happiness comes in waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The custom-for-us orange that Tom is working on is very similar to the orange that Gus posted a picture of.

Here's the shade Tom is working on:
    As long as Tom is working on "custom for Tom Bihn" colors, why not custom pinks and purples and how about bringing back the gorgeous periwinkle fabric that is in the limited edition pouches, the fabric is up to you.

I would like a light pink. A really girlie one.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rolliges View Post
    However THIS color orange would make floor visibility much easier.
    Looks more like gold to me! Which I'm all for as another new color!

Any thoughts on when this orange fabric might make an appearance? I'm definitely into it. I'd love a cocoa/orange cafe bag.

Not too soon since it would be a custom color, but it is on the horizon!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0