Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New: Clear and Padded Organizer Pouches + Passport Pouch + Convertible Packing Cube

U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator

A Clear Passport Pouch Option?

Darcy,

I was thinking that one nice option for the Passport Pouch would be to offer a version with a clear pocket like the design of the Clear Organizer Pouch in Dyneema. That way passengers using this to carry photo IDs through airport checkpoints have the option of just wearing the pouch around their necks.
    Last edited by moriond; 05-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.

The nice thing about the design of the Passport Pouch is that 2 Clear, Padded or regular Organizer pouches can be clipped in the key ring.

It could be a mini Clear pouch for people who want to use U.S id to show at the airport.

A regular mini pouch for a credit card to use at automatic check-in Kiosks, a debit cart to pay for the luggage cart or get foreign currency.

A padded pouch for cell phone and other electronic gizmos.

Darn...and I just rec'd an order three days ago. I would have included.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy,

I was thinking that one nice option for the Passport Pouch would be to offer a version with a clear pocket like the design of the Clear Organizer Pouch in Dyneema. That way passengers using this to carry photo IDs through airport checkpoints have the option of just wearing the pouch around their necks.
    Maybe I've always hit the anomaly TSA ID /boarding pass people, but any time I've used a clear ID/passport holder, the TSA personnel want you to take it out of the holder anyway. So, I'm thinking the current TB Passport Pouch will do very nicely for me. Good addition to the travel line! Thanks, TB and staff.
    Last edited by Skylark; 05-27-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Ok Darcy,
    Which one of these will fit my Nintendo DS? The small unpadded one works, so with the padding will a padded pouch works with the DS?

Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    Ok Darcy,
    Which one of these will fit my Nintendo DS? The small unpadded one works, so with the padding will a padded pouch works with the DS?
    DS Lite? If yes, then yeah, the DS lite fits in the small padded pouch. You need to squeeze it in a tiny bit though. I can check again if you want me to. I think I have a picture of my DS in a small padded pouch somewhere on this board or on flickr.

Volunteer Moderator

love the clear pouches

clear pouches sound great! i love the idea of being able to see the content of a pouch.

maverick

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The nice thing about the design of the Passport Pouch is that 2 Clear, Padded or regular Organizer pouches can be clipped in the key ring.
    That's a great idea, backpack! We hadn't even thought of that.

I've been using the Passport Pouch as an extremely minimal shoulder bag to use when I go for walks - it carries just my cell phone and a little cash, maybe a debit card.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's a great idea, backpack! We hadn't even thought of that.

I've been using the Passport Pouch as an extremely minimal shoulder bag to use when I go for walks - it carries just my cell phone and a little cash, maybe a debit card.
    Thanks Darcy!

It is my idea of an ideal Pouch for bike rides, hikes and walks. It is also, I believe the perfect "extended" wallet size. Ideal for quick errands to the store.

Volunteer Moderator
    I love that the whole pouch isn't clear on the clear pouches... giving your stuff a colorful backdrop!

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    I love that the whole pouch isn't clear on the clear pouches... giving your stuff a colorful backdrop!
    Yeah the new accessories additions are outstanding, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Yeah the new accessories additions are outstanding, as usual.
    Ditto that!! My convertible packing cube arrived just in time for the trip to Europe. Now I have the Small and Large packing cubes to organize the main body of my Aeronaut and the new convertible to use in the end pocket.

I've packed without the TB cubes and must say that I really prefer packinging with the cubes - they help to uniformly fill all the contours of the Aeronaut's space and retain its elegant shape. Not to mention that it helps me find what I need more easily!

By the way, I have the Aeronaut packed for our 4 week stay abroad and was able to load it just under the 8 kg weight limit imposed by SAS. I'll be walking happily through the terminals and train stations with the Aeronaut on my back and arms swinging free.

More news on how we use the convertible after our return.

Volunteer Moderator
    Now we just need more little D-rings in each bag (hint hint)

I really love the looks of these clear pouches...Now to find a reason to order some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0