Question Zephyr or Empire Builder?

Hello all,

I'm new to the Tom Bihn products (and forums). I recently purchased a Brain Cell and Aeronaut, then decided I needed packing cubes as well. I'm traveling more often for business now, and the Aeronaut served me well during several recent trips. I was stunned at how easily it fit into the overhead compartments of even smaller planes! The packing cubes have been helpful as well and of course, everything has been of tremendous quality. I absolutely love the Aeronaut (crimson, of course) and even though I overload it a bit, it's a joy to carry.

In trying to reduce the weight of my Aeronaut, I think it's now necessary to add either the Empire Builder or Zephyr to take care of my laptop, 3 ring binder, documents, mp3 player, bottled water, etc. I hate stuffing my bag to the breaking point, which makes me lean toward the EB (also the fact that it's more bag for essentially the same price), but a few pictures I've seen have me a little concerned that it's too large. The Zephyr looks to be a little more manageable, but I'm having trouble determining how much real space I'd be giving up. Any thoughts?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome to the forums ellismc!

What size of Brain Cell would you be using inside of the Zephyr or Empire Builder?
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Brain Cell Size

I use a 3S. I realized I have a meeting I had forgotten about next week, so I went ahead and ordered the EB. I decided it's probably better to have too much room than too little, if I'm unsure. I guess I'll find out soon! Thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ellismc View Post
    I use a 3S. I realized I have a meeting I had forgotten about next week, so I went ahead and ordered the EB. I decided it's probably better to have too much room than too little, if I'm unsure. I guess I'll find out soon! Thanks.
    The 3S looks slightly tall for the Zephyr if used with a brain cell (exterior size of 3S brain cell is 13.5" x 12.5" x 2.35"; exterior size of Zephyr is 16.7" x 12.4" x 6.3"). See here for the brain cell sizes the Zephyr can accommodate. You should have no problems with the EB fitting the 3S.

Good call.

Thanks moriond. Had I seen that earlier, my dilemma would have been resolved more easily. I appreciate the input!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    moriond is exactly right. As usual.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0