Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What's the difference between Cordura and Ballistic Nylon?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    The other difference! If Hamish cat sleeps on my ballistic Aeronaut and Dougle cat sleeps on my cocoa cordura Ristretto, only the Ballistic Aeronaut will be fit for use in the morning without the application of copious quantities of parcel tape to remove the fur! Cordura is a much nicer feeling, 'natural' almost, fabric, but it is a fur magnet. Of course, I could just keep the boys off the bags
    That's my biggest (real world) issue also. I end up having to roller them, which leaves some glue residue behind making it even worse (parcel tape is the same way). For that reason, I much prefer the ballistic nylon although many of the packs in my gear bunker are 1000D Cordura. Maybe the cats just need to go.. ;-)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Have you looked at "CORDURA® Ballistic Fabric"? CORDURA® Brand - CORDURA® Ballistic Fabric
    Tom's dream has evolved over time: the ballistic-weave Cordura he mentioned before turns out, in use, to be about the best collector of pet hair, lint and snow one could ever want. We are gradually tending away from using texturized nylon in preference to filament fabrics like our U.S. 1050d high tenacity ballistic nylon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks!

As a proud owner of a Tri-Star, I can certainly attest to the awesomeness of the ballistic that you use.

What do you think are the odds that you would produce a run of Synapses in ballistic? That is my Grail bag.

What about a group buy -- if we could arrange a group that could guarantee a certain number of units.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Thanks!

As a proud owner of a Tri-Star, I can certainly attest to the awesomeness of the ballistic that you use.

What do you think are the odds that you would produce a run of Synapses in ballistic? That is my Grail bag.

What about a group buy -- if we could arrange a group that could guarantee a certain number of units.

Thanks.
    I know I'm a couple months too slow, but the one thing holding me back from a brain bag or synapse 25 is that they are in cordura. I would totally consider buying one if they have it in ballistic to prevent lint and pet hair.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    I know I'm a couple months too slow, but the one thing holding me back from a brain bag or synapse 25 is that they are in cordura. I would totally consider buying one if they have it in ballistic to prevent lint and pet hair.
    Why not order the Synapse 25 in 400d Dyneema? I have one of these (in Steel/Wasabi), and it's very nice, as well as being resistant to lint and pet hair.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Why not order the Synapse 25 in 400d Dyneema? I have one of these (in Steel/Wasabi), and it's very nice, as well as being resistant to lint and pet hair.
    That does look like a good option, but I personally am not a huge fan of the design of the Dyneema and would much prefer the 1050D

I wasn't either, but I ended up getting a steel/wasabi Synapse 25 and I'm growing to really like the fabric. It's flexible and, well... distinct. I admit that it's appearance is more casual, however.

I wonder if they will make the Brain bag sometime soon in something other than 1000 cordura

Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    I wonder if they will make the Brain bag sometime soon in something other than 1000 cordura
    I have been patiently waiting for years for a Brain Bag in ballistic nylon. Maybe, just maybe, one day the wait will be over!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I have been patiently waiting for years for a Brain Bag in ballistic nylon. Maybe, just maybe, one day the wait will be over!!
    Ballistic would be awesome! I will be waiting just like you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0