Cork on more bags?

It seems like the cork fabric is very popular (and costly). But are there any plans to incorporate it into more bags besides the Archetype, Imago, pouch and *ego strips?
    I would love to see a Black/Some Color (Steel)/Cork Buzz. My current infatuation with the Black/Steel/Olive Buzz would be greatly diminished if there was a cork implementation on that bag.
    I was just wondering.

-thax

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You aren't likely to see Cork used on any bag where it would have a zipper running through it - such as the Empire Builder, Zephyr, or ID. Why Cork works on the Imago so well is that the Imago, unlike those other bags, doesn't have a zippered front pocket.

I do agree that a Cork Buzz would look great.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This kind of got off topic over at the Imago in cork thread (New Imago Colors: Hunter/Cork/Sage and Sapphire/Steel/Sage + More) post # 10 and below. Looks like the Imago is pretty much the only larger bag to be able to take a cork panel due to the above mentioned Zipper issue.
    Only a single non-broken contiguous panel would allow for the cork random pattern to be consistant.
    The Smart Alec is possible, but that is one big panel. That might make it prohibitively expensive *shrug. But man would that look cool.

Bottom line, I love the Cork!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Maybe Tom will design a new bag centered around using the cork fabric - a briefcase or backpack, maybe?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0