Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Introducing the Style Kit Pouch

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the Style Kit Pouch

The Style Kit

The Style Kit holds whatever tools you use to create, style, or fix: pens, drafting supplies, toiletries, make-up, small tools, art supplies, iSight and cables, or any other small items that you may have. Even more than that, the Style Kit is a hand-held piece of portable architecture.

The Style Kit is made out of Ballistic Nylon and features a YKK #8 splash-proof zipper, and is available in colors Black, Steel, Crimson, Grape, Hunter, and Kiwi.

The Style Kit is available for pre-order now and ships in late May.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    eWalker likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I think I must have this. Any chance of posting photos of it filled with stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by JoyR View Post
    I think I must have this. Any chance of posting photos of it filled with stuff?
    What kind of stuff would you like to see it filled with?

This is the pouch I've been using for my make-up for the past few months: I LOVE it.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Makeup would be great. [I was going to suggest that but didn't want to sound shallow :>

What are the dimensions of this bag? This might have relevance in the Large Organizational Pocket thread. Since if the volumes are similar, this would be easier to put things that are not dimensionally challenged (IE thin).
    I would gladly go to this instead of my Medium Pocket for my mice and other small round gadgets (UE headphones in box and Airport Express). I could even toss in my leatherman, Torx and Allen wrenches. It's like a snake charmer with a single zip and no mesh.
    I like this bag, can't wait to see it come about.

Great Surprise!

This is a wonderful addition Darcy.

I have a question about a the Steel color is it more a cool steel like the Brain Bag or a warm Steel like the mini pouch.

The silver of the mini pouch has a yellow undertone that my large pouch, Brain Bag, monolith and medium pouches do not have.

Adi
    Hey! What wonderful timing for me, if I don't say so myself. I'll be ordering a new Imago on Friday and even though I can't order it in Grape, I can add a handy Style Kit in Grape!

Looks like a perfect size to organize all my miscellaneous little stuff that ends up in the bottom of any bag I'm using.

Cordially,
    Adi

Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    What are the dimensions of this bag?
    Dimensions: 8.7" x 4.7" x 3" / 220mm x 125mm x 80mm

Quote Originally Posted by backpack
    I have a question about a the Steel color is it more a cool steel like the Brain Bag or a warm Steel like the mini pouch.
    It's more of a cool, blue-undertone Steel like the Brain Bag Steel. It's really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Adi
    Looks like a perfect size to organize all my miscellaneous little stuff that ends up in the bottom of any bag I'm using.
    It's perfect for that. And did we forget to mention the best part? It stands up on its own so you can dig through it without holding it up!

Darcy:

When one pre-orders something, is one's credit card billed then or at the time the product ships?

Quote Originally Posted by JoyR View Post
    Darcy:

When one pre-orders something, is one's credit card billed then or at the time the product ships?
    Hi Joy,

We won't charge your credit card until your order actually ships, so you can cancel your order or make changes to it at any time prior to the day it ships.

Attached is that interior shot...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    I love you guys!!!

Thanks Darcy.

Wow, that's a really interesting bag and I'm finding myself going "Well...what could I put in it that would be happier there than in my organizer pouch?" My crochet supplies? The random toiletry type stuff I carry around? Videogame and gadget stuff when I'm travelling? It's going to be interesting to see how everyone uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Wow, that's a really interesting bag and I'm finding myself going "Well...what could I put in it that would be happier there than in my organizer pouch?" My crochet supplies? The random toiletry type stuff I carry around? Videogame and gadget stuff when I'm travelling? It's going to be interesting to see how everyone uses it.
    I'm already thinking I can fit a small 5 port network switch with power supply, and a network cable. I have a snake charmer with the rest of my network cables in it; but the network switch sits at the bottom of my Super Ego.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Volunteer Moderator

Add smaller size style pouches to the offerings?

Hi Darcy,

I just received my style pouches; these are great! This size actually works better for some small cables -- such as when I'm carrying a small portable disk drive plus firewire or USB cable -- than using the Snake Charmer.

This is a very handy size, but it would also be useful to have a scaled down version of the Style Pouch -- maybe around 6.9 or 7.0 inches long (instead of the current 8.9 inch length), with everything scaled down proportionately.

Oh, and thanks for sending along the remaining limited edition color mini pouches from my earlier order. I really like the plum ripstop fabric.

Cheers,

moriond
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0