hooray (just made my first tom bihn purchase)

Okay, so that's not completely true. I had to wait to get cleared for the forums, and then I got a little busy with exams, but I'm still as excited as I was when I placed my order.

I've been looking for a good bag for a while now, my expectations and requirements ever-growing as I saw more and more different bags, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. When I got to the Tom Bihn bags, well, let's just say I stopped looking (almost anyway).

That isn't of course to say it was easy to decide what to get. It took a while until I decided the Ego would probably be the best fit for me: I'm in college and carry around my laptop and a few books/binders daily and pretty much live out of my bag a day at a time. Then it was the colors game. I went as far as to Photoshop the pictures to try out different color combinations. I was looking for something that is both discrete and wouldn't draw too much attention since I will be traveling a lot this summer, but I also didn't want plain black. See my dilemma?

I ended up with the hunter, although I really kind of wanted a brighter lining like the crimson. I'm also still a little unsure about the somewhat square-ish dimensions of the Ego, but I suppose we'll see once I get it in person.

So, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and also to say thank you because it was very helpful being able to read through the various topics on these forums. It's always good to find a group of people that care and know so much about something. Thanks.

Also, thanks to Darcy for answering my emails. You were very helpful, too. Although, I have to be frank, your comment didn't really help with my decision on what colors to choose.
    "I love the Hunter and the Crimson exterior bags! And Olive and Reflective strips, too!"

Anyway, I can't wait to get the delivery. As I told Darcy, now I will actually be anxious to go to work every day, in hopes that my bag will have arrived. I just wish I didn't live so far away. one, because it means I have to wait a week before I get my bag, but also because I wish I could visit the store.

Well, here I am a-waiting. ... six more days....

Quote Originally Posted by jpong View Post
    Anyway, I can't wait to get the delivery. As I told Darcy, now I will actually be anxious to go to work every day, in hopes that my bag will have arrived. I just wish I didn't live so far away. one, because it means I have to wait a week before I get my bag, but also because I wish I could visit the store.

Well, here I am a-waiting. ... six more days....
    But it would be really bad for your bank account if you lived close to the store...

Quote Originally Posted by apyang View Post
    But it would be really bad for your bank account if you lived close to the store...
    Oh so true. Over time, I would probably end up with most color combinations and at least three or four different bags, not counting the Brain Cell or other accessories. Maybe that is fine for some people, and it sounds like some people actually do have such a collection ( :-) ), but for a college student still in school... probably not a good idea. I already kind of blew the budget I set for myself. But I think it's worth it.

I can definitely understand. I found tombihn.com after searching for the dimensions for my Dell M1210 and came across a forum posting that said the Brain Cell size 5 would fit it perfectly.

Not a long time after that, I'd stopped looking for a laptop bag and got the Brain Cell. Then, I decided to upgrade my ancient backpack and bought The Ego.

I only hope for my financial situation that I can remain happy now. lol

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0