Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree854Likes

Thread: The Parental Unit (and other November 28th debuts)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

The Parental Unit (and other November 28th debuts)

The official thread for speculation/discussion of the debuts planned for Friday, November 28th at 10:00am PST.

What we can share so far:
    - It's the official debut of The Parental Unit diaper bag

And a few small surprises...
    - We'll be sharing something to brighten up the season.
    - A small but often requested accessory* will be introduced.
    - And for the final debut: another accessory, but this one requires a how-to video.

*Not the larger Q-Kit, though that's in the works and we expect it will debut early next year.

Name:  parentalunitlisa.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  139.9 KB
    Lisa sews The Parental Unit.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-24-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Forum gift?

Anyway, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everything. This just made exam week(s) hella lot better
    luvdabags and jess like this.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Forum gift?

Anyway, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to everything. This just made exam week(s) hella lot better
    No, but that is also in the works. We're so crazy busy though that it might turn out to be a New Year's gift. But it's gonna be a good one!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Oh boy! So should I wait to place an order for the linen/olive medium cafe bag (I still want it!)? Really hoping for an updated FJN.

Quote Originally Posted by flaneuse View Post
    Oh boy! So should I wait to place an order for the linen/olive medium cafe bag (I still want it!)? Really hoping for an updated FJN.
    Hmm. Not sure on that one. But I can tell you that we won't be debuting an updated FJN...

No, but that is also in the works. We're so crazy busy though that it might turn out to be a New Year's gift. But it's gonna be a good one!
    You are incredibly generous to do this. I figured that with the explosion of forum members that might have been a thing of the past. Looking forward to it!

And the Fun starts again! I love being a bag-person and am so happy to have stumbled over this gorgeous company with this extraordinary Forum. And on your Facebook page I saw that the PU will come in Aubergine-Wasabi. Well lets skip all this waiting and just sent one over. Put it on my monthly bill ;-)

As for my speculation-skills: I guess, that "- We'll be sharing something to brighten up the season." could mean some good news rather than a product so I vote for pictures of Tom Bihns new Puppy? Since our home is ragged up for two weeks now by 4 little cats I think having new animals be it dogs, cats or whatever else one likes, is such a mood lifter in this dark season.

Second guess: Dynemma Christmastree deco.

Edit: Ah there the picture is, I was revering to. If you look very close, you can see that it has my name already on it. I love this color-combo!
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 11-24-2014 at 10:39 AM.

My guesses:
    something to brighten up the holiday season: flashlight? guardian light? I'm so literal minded!
    Requested accessory: luggage tag?
    New accessory that needs a video: some kind of clippy thingy? Something that attaches to something?

we'll find out soon! There should be a betting pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post

New accessory that needs a video: some kind of clippy thingy? Something that attaches to something?

we'll find out soon! There should be a betting pool.
    garment folder?

- A small but often requested accessory* will be introduced.
    - And for the final debut: another accessory, but this one requires a how-to video.
    Colour me intrigued! Now I'm racking my brain, trying to remember what people have been asking for a lot.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

The Parental Unit (and other November 28th debuts)

Something to brighten up the season - a new colour? Like, say, a new red ballistic? Or a Nordic replacement?

ETA: And I'm hoping that the oft-requested accessory is the micro OP. I could use about four of them.
    Last edited by terayon; 11-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Brutal. Here I was all ready to order a Synapse 19 today after months of intense research on what would best suit me - pouring over the forums here and on EDCforum, checking out tons of youtube vids, etc... the possibility of a new colour or accessories wreck any such plan.

WHYYYYY

I'm hoping for luggage tags. My A30 has a Tumi tag on it and it feels like I'm cheating on Tom and the Crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraxte View Post
    Brutal. Here I was all ready to order a Synapse 19 today after months of intense research on what would best suit me - pouring over the forums here and on EDCforum, checking out tons of youtube vids, etc... the possibility of a new colour or accessories wreck any such plan.

WHYYYYY
    Hey Jaraxte, always a pleasure to have a bag-enthusiast who is taking researching the right bag seriously, welcome on board! But your plan is not wrecked, just delayed. On Friday you will have the opportunity to make an informed decision and order what ever takes your fancy. Just imagine you had ordered last week.

That would have been horriblarious. A true combination of humour and horror.

Another week, another chance to mull over decisions. Order right, cry once... or perhaps not at all.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0