Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By adalangdon
  • 3 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By Darcy
  • 3 Post By PaulT00
  • 1 Post By marbenais

Thread: When can we expect the new citizen canine: I'd settle for the old one at this point

When can we expect the new citizen canine: I'd settle for the old one at this point

it 's been "temporarily unavailable" all year. Come on! want it; need it.

woof.

Did anyone see any flaws in it? I never had a chance to see one, but people on this forum seemed to rave about them.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I don't have one, but I really want one. It seems like it would be a great companion for going to the dog park or dog beach. Any idea when this will be available? Will it get kicked over to Skookum?

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    it 's been "temporarily unavailable" all year. Come on! want it; need it.

woof.
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Did anyone see any flaws in it? I never had a chance to see one, but people on this forum seemed to rave about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tankcommander1554 View Post
    I don't have one, but I really want one. It seems like it would be a great companion for going to the dog park or dog beach. Any idea when this will be available? Will it get kicked over to Skookum?
    Last paragraph.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Citizen Canine, it's kiwi/uv. I really like it. The only changes I might make are to have it a bit wider with maybe a flap top. It would make a good PLO if the top were redesigned a tad. It is great for stashi g keys, cash, a credit card as well as treats and toys.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    And see my sig. I'm currently testing the latest prototype... it's almost done, and the only reason it won't debut this year is because we're waiting on a component. Expect to see the new Citizen Canine for pre-order in February/March 2015.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ella was hoping for one of these from Santa. She'll whine and fuss when I tell her that she'll need to wait for a very merry unbirthday.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Darcy what about some casual pictures from say your dog with the Citizen Canine? Just a glims to make our mouth' watery?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Darcy what about some casual pictures from say your dog with the Citizen Canine? Just a glims to make our mouth' watery?
    Soon, I hope! I have been sworn to secrecy (and made to agree to no photos!) until the design is 100% completed.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sigh! I understand but SIGH... well it will be worth the wait.

Unhappy

I bought an original Citizen Canine (in Cardinal/Steel) as a birthday present for my partner - it was one of the first TB items I ever bought (the other two were a Travel Tray in Solar and a CQPC in Iberian, as I recall). It's in frequent use - I've been known to grab it myself if I take a hound out on my own; once I saw it I was going to order one for me, but hesitated and lost out - the Navy/Solar colour combo sold out before I went back, and nothing else really took my fancy. Then of course it went unavailable entirely pending the redesign...

I made the mistake of mentioning how useful the CC is once too many times, and for my birthday my other half bought me... well... let's just say it looks much like a much larger version of a CC (much too big, really, almost comically huge in fact) but is definitely not constructed to TB standards and has none of the careful thought which went into the original. And I can't even use it in its standard form because the strap is not long enough to go round my waist comfortably. May have to dig out a TB waist strap and see if I can jury rig something... Just do yourself a favour and don't mention your desire for a CC to anyone, else you too may be subjected to something like this by a well-meaning loved one who will be deeply upset if you are not thrilled by it...

Name:  damaxibag500.gif
Views: 273
Size:  68.4 KB

To be VERY clear: NOT a TB bag!
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

Yippppeeee. Feb or march. ok we can wait as long as we know it's really coming. but it's gonna be skookum?

when are the sausages coming back too?

I adore mine -- it was my birthday present in 2011 from my ex (my Rosalind's other mother) and I use it multiple times per day. I am so impatient to see the new version! Hopefully it will have Aubergine or Ultraviolet somewhere . . .
    Ilkyway likes this.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

Got one for Hubs in destash and it arrived today
    He rarely gives compliments yet said " very well made"
    Black ballistic w happy Iberian inside with more pockets than you would estimate and a very clever way to store little bags for waste removal on the go with a study mouth for the bag to emerge and metal bar inside to wrap the mini bags around in the lower pocket
    I cannot imagine how they could improve this amazing bag
    Now if I could get my hubs to dog class. Dog knows to heel and several other basics but Hubs has no interest
    Ha!
    Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 11-29-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0