Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Comparison Chart

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Hey there! We have finished up a draft version of our Weights/Volume/Dimension Spreadsheet! Please look it over and respond with any feedback that you have regarding the layout or content. I will be working on finishing up a final draft within the next couple of weeks, so I would be happy to incorporate any feedback that I get into the final version. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks.
    Thanks Scott! Very handy...

What is the intended means of display for this chart? HTML table? Since this is largely comparative data, I would actually like to see it in more of a proper spreadsheet format (or if your web team is game, a dynamic table of some kind), that way it's easier to sort, filter by criteria, and find exactly what you are looking for.

I've taken a kick at the can of reformatting what you have into what I would personally find useful. Using this format, I can filter out only 400d Dyneema bags for example and do a direct comparison. I stopped after doing the Travel Bags and the Backpacks when I saw how long the list of products actually is... Maybe I'll finish it later tonight/tomorrow when I'm not supposed to be working....

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    dorayme likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

@ScottS - Thanks for putting this spreadsheet together. This is perfect for my needs. I like to compare the different materials and sizes for weight and capacity, and this puts everything in one spot. I don't see the need for any changes based on my review. Thanks for the quick response to a great idea!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Thank you Scott. This comparison chart is WAAAYY overdue and much needed. The chart provides the volume comparison information people often need to decide between the MCB/LCB, Imago and Swift/Little Swift. Great job!!
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 08-29-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Darcy likes this.

Thank you! Nice chart!

Very nice chart!
    May I suggest making separate columns for the English and metric dimensions. The advantage of having one piece of information per column is that people can then sort on this information -- which you can't do if they are 'stacked' on top of one another.
    Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Thanks Scott! Very handy...

What is the intended means of display for this chart? HTML table? Since this is largely comparative data, I would actually like to see it in more of a proper spreadsheet format (or if your web team is game, a dynamic table of some kind), that way it's easier to sort, filter by criteria, and find exactly what you are looking for.

I've taken a kick at the can of reformatting what you have into what I would personally find useful. Using this format, I can filter out only 400d Dyneema bags for example and do a direct comparison. I stopped after doing the Travel Bags and the Backpacks when I saw how long the list of products actually is... Maybe I'll finish it later tonight/tomorrow when I'm not supposed to be working....

See attached.
    Something like this format is easier for me to open and read on my iPhone (using the iUnarchive app).

moriond

Agree with the suggestions about making each item have its own column. Being able to sort would be a huge plus, as I compare across categories (backpack, laptop bag, travel bag, etc.).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0