Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Your longest journey with TB bags?

Your longest journey with TB bags?

My trusty WF and I completed a round-the-world journey yesterday. Roughly from Hong Kong to Europe to the States, then back to Hong Kong, for a total of about 20,700 miles. I feel like my WF is now eligible for a special initiation ceremony or something!

Just curious, what's the longest journey you've ever taken with your TB bags?

Nowhere near that far! I travelled from the UK to Minnesota and back with my WF and a borrowed Pilot earlier this year, but that's about the furthest I've travelled in a while.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Congrats, @sevendog - that's quite a feat! So...inquiring minds want to know: what did you pack for your round-the-world travels? And where did you stop along the way? Did you have any other bag besides your WF?
    Collections:
    EDC for Work: SA (with cache) + CP (with workout gear) + SE
    EDC for Play: SA + SE/CP + SE
    Travel: SA + SE + CP
    Organisation: Large + Medium YSS, Small + Medium DOP, 3DCO, 3DMO, Small WFPC, TT, Q-Kit!
    Favorite TB colors: black dyneema, forest + conifer, wasabi, iberian, olive, burnt orange
    On my wish list: Large WFPC, Snake Charmer, DLBP, Q-Kits + LS (for my crafty sister)

We want photographic proof. 😊 All kidding aside, that's amazing! I've only taken one trip so far and I'm in the same distance range at @scribe-WI to UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sevendog View Post

Just curious, what's the longest journey you've ever taken with your TB bags?
    I don't belong in your league, but I have crossed the pond from Florida to Scotland for a 10 day trip with Tom Bihn. It was the least stressed I have ever felt on an overseas trip, because I was so organized and not overpacked. I hope to take another trip sooner rather than later!

Volunteer Moderator
    Wow - that's fantastic, sevendog!

My travels haven't taken the Western Flyer nearly as far - from the East Coast of the US to India and back, about 14k miles round trip.

It has also come to Europe, up and down the East Coast of the US, and I once sent it on a trip to Costa Rica.

It's a great companion whether your travel takes you on planes, trains or in automobiles!

Australia to the Arctic Circle, a few other countries, then back home again... I'm still tired lol

Dee
    Well, usually my only TB trips so far have been my Christmas trips to visit my parents: 500 odd miles, UK to Germany.
    It looks like it's possible to beat that on a national trip: 600 miles up to Shetland! I still need to post pictures for that trip, my Aeronaut and S25 happily swallowed all the stuff I bought over there.

However, I am also planning a round the world trip next year. I'd love to see a packing list too, and what climates you've encountered. I am struggling to come up with a good packing list that covers autumn as well as Californian summers.

Took my Tristar to Uganda a few years ago. Can't pretend this was my only bag - we took 4 duffles of supplies with us.

My Tri-Star and Pilot went from the US to Pakistan and back with me. Carrying-on really saved my bacon.*

*No bacon in Muslim countries.

Impressed! So far the farthest I've taken my a45 was germany to VA and back in Jan. It held everything for myself and three kids! I'm definitely italy looking forward to taking it on more trips...but hopefully with the oldest carrying his stuff in an S25

Western flyer, Ego, SCB, Ristretto and lots of pouches etc - Sydney to Berlin then around Europe to UK, QM2 to NYC then home via Abu Dhabi - 7 weeks'ish (we did have checked bags for the ballgowns and dinner suits etc .. It was not a minimalist trip)

The TB bags were great for the carryon and everyday stuff.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    However, I am also planning a round the world trip next year. I'd love to see a packing list too, and what climates you've encountered. I am struggling to come up with a good packing list that covers autumn as well as Californian summers.
    Wow, I am envious! California summers cover a broad range of temperatures -- where exactly (and what month)?

My longest (and first) will only be about 400 miles, tomorrow.

Sydney - Dubai - UK - Spain -UK - Dubai - Sydney with my beloved A30 or shall I call it my Tardis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0