Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By tankcommander1554

Thread: New S25 with Mod and a Question

New S25 with Mod and a Question

Good Evening Folks, this is my first post but I have been lurking around for a few months now. I finally pulled the chain on a new Synapse 25 and it recently came!!!! Mid November is when Tom Bihn said it would arrive, needless to say it arrived much earlier to my pleasant surprise.

My first thoughts are the organization and construction are excellent. Comfort is awesome too. My only complaint was the metal zippers...just not my thing. I was initially going to use the included pulls, but I decided to go the 550 cord route. Since the actual zipper is still gun metal I figured I'd show you my result. The cord is Black 550 Paracord and the knot is a Lanyard Knot. They work very well and I'm quite happy with this mod.

I also had an intriguing thought...has anyone come up with a way to insert a hydration bladder? There is a catch on the shoulder strap for a bladder hose so I'm assuming it's been thought of. I thought about adding a MOLLE hydration pouch from my military days via the gate keeper clips. Perhaps Tom Bihn will make a hydration pouch that has integrated gate keeper clips.

Thank you to everyone for the great info on these forums!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on your S25! I'm going to be getting one soon as well. I like your mod very much, I'll have to see how I feel about the metal zippers once in hand.

Welcome to the forum!

great pics! i love the olive in cordura. and great zipper pulls. did you pull the interior cords out of the par cord or leave them in?

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    great pics! i love the olive in cordura. and great zipper pulls. did you pull the interior cords out of the par cord or leave them in?
    I left the inner core in...figured the extra durability would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acv
    I've used a hydration bladder and just put it in the water bottle pocket - works great!

Welcome, @tankcommander1554! You sure started off on the right foot...your first post was a bag hack!

And nice job on the zipper pulls, too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0