Question Easiest way to change an Ego/Super Ego strip?

I have changed the strip on my Ego one time, but I can't get it to look as good as the one that was sent from the factory. Are there any tips on an easy way to change it? I actually have an idea for a piece of semi-hard plastic that could go under it to facilitate sliding the strip in and then be pulled out from the bottom. I am sure someone has some tips on this, though. How are they put on in the factory?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Here's how I do it:

I turn the strip upside down so that the loop/pile Aplix/Velcro side of the strip is facing me, and slide the strip under the webbing of the Ego/Super Ego up to the top, making sure the bartack at the end of the strip is covered by the last webbing bar on the Ego/Super Ego. The strip slides really easily this way because the hook side of the Aplix/Velcro isn't tugging at the loop/pile side of the Aplix/Velcro.

Once the strip is in the right place, I flip it over, and press the strip down, and voila! Perfect strip placement.

If you feel at the top where the top of the strip tucks in, you'll feel that the top of the strip could either tuck inside of a little, umm, flappy area, or the strip could tuck under that. The strip fits better if it is tucked under the flappy area.

This makes it sounds harder than it is - once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. The first few times definitely are difficult, though!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Yay Darcy! That worked great! I changed it to the blue glitter and it looks awesome.