Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree538Likes

Thread: New designs!!

New designs!!

Did anyone else catch this on Twitter about an hour ago??

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  327.2 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, one of the reasons I subscribe to Twitter is for the TB posts that go up there. But the hints from Darcy have already been pretty substantial in in the Vote for our next bag demo videos thread. Nothing as explicit there as stating Tuesday would be the day, though.

Darcy, on Election Day!

Very happy that I was able to sign in on the forum via my iPadMini

Me: YAY! I can't wait!

My Wallet: *sobs*

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    <groans>
    Oh no - I just added some things today to an order of mine that's been sitting on hold for a back-ordered item. Would they hate me if I emailed again tomorrow and asked them to refrain from shipping until Tuesday, in case I want to order the new designs as well? Can I even do that?

I don't know if I can wait until Tuesday! The suspense is killing me...my husband doesn't understand my fixation with Tom Bihn bags. He just sees lots of Tom Bihn charges on the credit card statements. It becomes an obsession. Help me!!!
    jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatens View Post
    I don't know if I can wait until Tuesday! The suspense is killing me...my husband doesn't understand my fixation with Tom Bihn bags. He just sees lots of Tom Bihn charges on the credit card statements. It becomes an obsession. Help me!!!
    You have your birthday, the holidays, your anniversary to justify 3 orders.

Self accomplishments cover the others.

Family members who feel the need to comment on the multiplication of Tom Bihn items can be given a series of speech describing, in detail, each item and its relationship to other TB bags, wardrobe, travel style, every day carry (EDC) habits, mode of transportation, presence of children, pets or other family members requiring a change of travel style or EDC. One can also add the strong influence of weather upon each decision to acquire, carry and pair each TB Bag with all the factors described above.

This technique usually drives the most critical of family members, friends or colleagues to a fast retreat the minute the name Tom Bihn is uttered. Unless that person has been converted to the awesomeness of said Bags.

Janine has pioneered a whole another technique, which consist of amazing family members with her actions with TB Bags. Cute stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    This technique usually drives the most critical of family members, friends or colleagues to a fast retreat the minute the name Tom Bihn is uttered. Unless that person has been converted to the awesomeness of said Bags.
    I distinctly remember a friend demonstrating the Travel Tray to me a few years ago, while I looked for a way to change the subject. In my defense, I had an unset broken bone at the time, but the demo did plant a seed. Right now I am admiring my own Travel Tray, and trying to decide whether I need one more or two more. And I think a spirited discussion of TB bags (especially the pros and cons of different bags in various hypothetical packing situations) would be an excellent way to distract someone from a distressing event.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Did anyone else catch this on Twitter about an hour ago??

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1633
Size:  327.2 KB
    Damn! I'll be in the jungle with no wi fi! You guys, leave something for me. Don't clean them out out!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

New designs!!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Family members who feel the need to comment on the multiplication of Tom Bihn items can be given a series of speech describing, in detail, each item and its relationship to other TB bags, wardrobe, travel style, every day carry (EDC) habits, mode of transportation, presence of children, pets or other family members requiring a change of travel style or EDC. One can also add the strong influence of weather upon each decision to acquire, carry and pair each TB Bag with all the factors described above.
    I do this a lot. Not to shush people (though I think it would work really well!!) but because I actually can't help it. Yesterday I explained to my partner why the LS is proving to be a handier bag than I had first expected, how I like the LS more after using a medium YSS to hold my pouches and phone, and why my current set up is optimal. I did the whole 'this is where the O rings are + see how I've set up my bag, isn't it nice now' thing. He always responds with a shrug and "you really sound like a youtube review". He likes TB stuff, but to him a bag is just a bag :-)

ETA: the whole "different day, different EDC" thing is totally true. When I'm carrying a textbook or two to class, I switch to carrying the S19 with a Swift instead of the LS. Light and bulky necessities go into the Swift, with the heavy stuff (laptop, book(s), lifefactory bottle, documents) staying in the S19. Different bags do different things well!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-31-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Dang! We were just in the store on Wednesday...missed it by that much!
    Janine likes this.

Damn, I was asleep when that tweet went out. Stupid spherical planet with its many time zones...

I've justified my TB collection as follows:

1. Being well-organised and having "a place for everything, and everything in its place" is good for my stress levels.

2. Following Project333 and having a different colour scheme for each season means I need different bags for each season if the whole plan is going to work. I love looking put together and not having to stress about what to wear for work each day - see point 1.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Unlike the last time a new product announcement was made by TB, and I hinted at the products being announced since I was let in on the secret, this time, I'm just as much in the dark as the rest of you.

It probably means that none of the new products are true travel bags.

I'm also ruling out toaster cosy.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    It probably means that none of the new products are true travel bags.
    O ye of little faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... I've been saving my coins for some new TB stuff. I was thinking a PCBP would be lovely, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out against a horizontal Imago-esque bag... I'll keep my coin stash growing while I wait with baited breath!
    Name:  Little TB Stuff Sack Pic.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  132.2 KB

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0