Red face I'm hoping to buy the Super Ego...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The next batch of Super Ego bags (available around April 15th) that our factory is working on will have the 1 1/2" toothed shoulder strap slide - the same toothed slide that the Ego, ID, and Imago have. That means you can use the Standard Strap, Absolute Strap, or the soon-to-be-released Q-AM (Quick-Adjust Messenger) strap on the next "version" (everything will be the same on the next batch of Super Ego bags except for the toothed slide change) of Super Ego.

We're also working on coming up with an adapter that people who have older bags with 2" shoulder strap slides could use that would allow them to use the Absolute Shoulder Strap on their bags.
    I've been on a quest for a laptop bag for about 8 years. Not one of the bags I've used or owned kept me happy for more then a few months or so. Some I even returned the day after getting it home, and stuffing all my gear in it.

When I saw the Super Ego review in Maximum PC mag a couple of months ago I knew that this could be the bag for me. So, I've been trolling the forums, and reading every review I could get my hands on.

I started reading up on the Empire Builder and most recently the Ego. I'm not sold on the EB, and the Ego seems too small for me.

I was ready to purchase the Black/Steel/Wasabi, but it's sold out now! Then I saw Darcy's reply (referenced above from a different thread) indicating that a new batch would be coming in mid April. I'm interested in the redesign of the sholder strap as well as any new color combinations you may be working on. I was also wondering if there were any additional tweeks being worked into the redesign.

My main problem is what color to purchase (it's a tough choice). That and I would have liked to see [it] in person. It's hard to imagine the scale, and how it would work as a daily laptop bag for a traveling IT Manager. I'm comforted with the fact that the reviews have been great. I think the bag looks fantastic! I love the care lable inside (that's really cerebral).

Anyway, I'm hoping a big IT guy like me will be right at home with a large bag like the SE.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the EB? (I have one that I take to work, and I think it's great, though I'm thinking about getting an Ego or Super Ego for non-work use)

Quote Originally Posted by apyang View Post
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the EB? (I have one that I take to work, and I think it's great, though I'm thinking about getting an Ego or Super Ego for non-work use)
    Its more of a style issue. Also, the SE looks like I'd be able to carry my junk (small network switch, Fluke Microscanner, CAT5 cables, punchdown, crimp tool, Leatherman and Laptop). Or when I'm traveling via plane, I can add some clothes to the mix.

I know the EB can fit that stuff also, but I've had several corporate type laptop bags including the one I have now. I was leaning toward a messanger bag (basically looking for something different). Aw hell, now I don't know which one to pick!

Honestly, this is the hardest choice I've had to make in this area. No bag selection has ever impressed me this much. I wish I was in Seattle. That way I could go to the store and make my choice.

Seattle is a nice city to visit!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I'm interested in the redesign of the sholder strap as well as any new color combinations you may be working on. I was also wondering if there were any additional tweeks being worked into the redesign.
    Black/Black/Olive and Black/Hunter/Steel are two new color combinations available in the next batch of the Super Ego. Both colors are available for pre-order now.

No new tweaks in the design except the new 1 1/2" toothed shoulder strap slide, replacing the 2" toothed shoulder strap slide. You'll be able to use the Standard, Absolute, or Q-AM (Quick Adjust Messenger) Strap with the next batch of Super Ego bags. The Q-AM strap will debut within the next few days.

If you decide to get the Super Ego and, once you've received it, find that you'd prefer the Ego or Empire Builder or a different bag, you have 60 days to return the Super Ego for a full refund (provided the bag hasn't been used).

And Seattle definitely is a fun place to visit!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the information Darcy. It's nice to know I can return it, and get the Empire Builder if I find that one more to my liking. For now I will go with my first thought, and purchase the Super Ego with Brain Cell, and Absolute Sholder Strap, and a snake charmer or two.

Will you be offering the Black/Steel/Wasabi in mid April also? Or is it on a longer back order then the new color combo's.

You guys are great, and everyone in the forums are a wealth of information. I'm glad I found Tom Bihn. I can't wait till I get the Super Ego.

Will you be offering the Black/Steel/Wasabi in mid April also? Or is it on a longer back order then the new color combo's.
    We'll definitely keep the Black/Steel/Wasabi color combination. It's one of the most popular, if not the most popular, color combinations.

You are very welcome!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Talking

First I'd like to thank Darcy for all of her insight (both here and on other threads).
    I've been using my Super Ego for 2 weeks now, and I honestly must say it's everything I hoped it could be. It's the best bag I've ever used - period!
    She is heavy with all the stuff I carry, but so were my other bags. The different is, the SE still has pleanty of room and looks neat! Never over stuffed.
    The snake charmer now holds all of my cables. The medium orginizer pouch holds two external laptop hard drives. The small organizer pouch that Darcy was so nice to send holds my flash hard drives. The Cork pouch holds my Verizon wireless PC card. The Brain Cell is fantastic. So much so that I'm purchasing another one for my brother's desktop replacment laptop. He loved mine. When he's ready he can get his own Super Ego.

I'm really glad I found Tom Bihn.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

I'm really glad I found Tom Bihn.
    Hi Mike,

That's so cool And you're very welcome. I'm glad the Super Ego and Brain Cell (and accessories) turned out to be the right bags for you. Thanks for letting us know that you are enjoying your bag.

I dusted off this Thread to update you on my status with my Super Ego. It's been 3 1/2 years with this bag, and seriously [it] still looks like new (no snags, pulls or stains) , and has held up better then any other Laptop bag I've ever - ever used.
    the only thing I've done is purchased a new Brain Cell because I got a bigger Laptop that wouldn't fit in my Wasabi original.
    Thank you Tom Bihn and crew for making a fantastic product that I have recommended to many people. It's stood the test of time and I'm Tom Bihn for life!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Thumbs up Excellent News!

I dusted off this Thread to update you on my status with my Super Ego. It's been 3 1/2 years with this bag, and seriously [it] still looks like new (no snags, pulls or stains) , and has held up better then any other Laptop bag I've ever - ever used.
    Thanks for your update, MikeL. I placed my order for a Super Ego last night. I ordered the Black/Indigo/Steel, with a cork strip and seat belt buckle clasp. I already have the Brain Cell for it, and the Freudian Slip too. I think I'll have a real shot at being a one-bagger this semester using the Super Ego.
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Quote Originally Posted by ex machina View Post
    Thanks for your update, MikeL. I placed my order for a Super Ego last night. I ordered the Black/Indigo/Steel, with a cork strip and seat belt buckle clasp. I already have the Brain Cell for it, and the Freudian Slip too. I think I'll have a real shot at being a one-bagger this semester using the Super Ego.
    You will defiantly love this bag. It'll fit everything you can through at it and a Lara Bar! with a bottle of water!
    I absolutely love it.

I've had my Super Ego for about a month now and boy do i love it. I use it to carry my laptop to work .. even when I don't need the laptop! It carries everything comfortably with the absolute strap. I dunno how but it seems to be powered by antigravity! THe bag has endured dust, sun and water without even looking worn! You'll love it!

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm looking at an SE vs EB right now as well. I'm leaning towards and EB, but we'll see.

I, ALSO, wish I was in Seattle, so I could put my hands on these bags.

the only thing I've done is purchased a new Brain Cell because I got a bigger Laptop that wouldn't fit in my Wasabi original.
    Thank you Tom Bihn and crew for making a fantastic product that I have recommended to many people. It's stood the test of time and I'm Tom Bihn for life!
    Thank you for your update, MikeL. I'm glad the Super Ego is continuing to serve you well.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0