Unhappy Super Ego Zipper Woes

My 4-month old Super Ego's zipper is apparently experiencing a breakdown... is this normal?

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Typically there is some minor shredding of the urethane coating along the edges of this style of Uretek zipper. However, what you photographs seem to show may go beyond what we consider a cosmetic problem.
    Please return the bag to us so that we may closely inspect the damage.
    Contact customerservice@tombihn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    Typically there is some minor shredding of the urethane coating along the edges of this style of Uretek zipper. However, what you photographs seem to show may go beyond what we consider a cosmetic problem.
    Please return the bag to us so that we may closely inspect the damage.
    Contact customerservice@tombihn.com
    Hi Tom,
    First thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure but I guess what you described is what's happening to my bag's zipper. That strip of material that's gradually breaking off the zipper lining is on the edges that partly covers the zipper's teeth when the zipper's closed.
    So now, more of the teeth is getting exposed.

The zippers on the front side pockets don't have this problem.

I guess I was just surprised that it could break so quickly.
    This is my primary bag at the moment, and it'll be quite a hassle to ship it back to Seattle from New York.

Anyway the zipper still closes and opens as it should. Only its splash-proof quality may have been slightly diminished. I can live with that.

Again thanks for the reply.

-djca

Quote Originally Posted by djca View Post
    Hi Tom,
    First thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure but I guess what you described is what's happening to my bag's zipper. That strip of material that's gradually breaking off the zipper lining is on the edges that partly covers the zipper's teeth when the zipper's closed.
    So now, more of the teeth is getting exposed.

The zippers on the front side pockets don't have this problem.

I guess I was just surprised that it could break so quickly.
    This is my primary bag at the moment, and it'll be quite a hassle to ship it back to Seattle from New York.

Anyway the zipper still closes and opens as it should. Only its splash-proof quality may have been slightly diminished. I can live with that.

Again thanks for the reply.

-djca
    Same symptom for my Smart Alec

My Super Ego is over a year old now and nothing like that ever showed on mine.
    Last edited by MikeD; 04-01-2007 at 07:21 PM.
    If you don't love your computer, you need Different Computers.
    mdawson@differentcomputers.com
    http://differentcomputers.com

Old thread, but a similar issue on mine (regular Ego). I've had mine almost a year now, and just noticed it a couple weeks ago. It's just the very edge, where the teeth of the zipper meet. Kind of a weird issue, especially since I hardly get into that section of the bag. For now it's okay, I just hope it doesn't keep coming all the way off.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0