Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Little Swifts and Western Flyers with New Color Optins

  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,491

    Little Swifts and Western Flyers with New Color Optins

    OK, guys, the Little Swift line has refreshed, and so has the Western Flyer. Items available for back order in Mid-November. But Verde/Verde/UV is showing as in stock now for the LS.

    moriond

    ETA: Little swift colors: Verde/Verde/Ultraviolet. (Showing as in stock today October 13, 2014)
    On back order for mid-November: Aubergine/Aubergine/Wasabi, Black/Black/Ultraviolet, Coyote/Coyote/Steel, Navy/Navy/Ultraviolet, Steel/Steel/Wasabi, Black Dyneema/Black Dyneema/Iberian

    Western Flyers are only available in Backpack versions. Navy/Ultraviolet still in stock (from last batch). On back order for mid-November: Black/Steel, Aubergine/Wasabi, Coyote/steel, Steel/Iberian Verde/Ultraviolet, Black Dyneema/Iberian.

    ETA2: New Little Swift Color options are Verde/UV (obviously), and Coyote/Steel. I don't recall that Navy was previously available with Ultraviolet, and while Steel was previously an option, I think the pairing with Wasabi is new. The Aubergine/Wasabi, Black/UV, and Black Dyneema/Iberian LS options are repeats of last year's offerings

    In the Western Flyer line Verde/Ultraviolet and Coyote/Steel are new combinations. This is the first time they've offered Black Dyneema/Iberian! That pairs up nicely with same color combination newly offered in the Side Effect and Synapses (and Little Swift). I wonder if we'll see this in a Cafe Bag?
    Last edited by moriond; 10-13-2014 at 05:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    689
    I know, I know: I just saw this, too, @moriond. I may have to pester the crew to add to my two backordered Side Effects! Color me excited!

    ~Nancy

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    340
    Thank goodness Aubergine is paired with Wasabi. And Black dyneema is not with UV.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jess likes this.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    340
    Little Swift, Nancy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ncb4 likes this.

  5. #5
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I know, I know: I just saw this, too, @moriond. I may have to pester the crew to add to my two backordered Side Effects! Color me excited!

    ~Nancy
    Nancy, I was on the phone with Matthew of Customer Service and adding some items to my Side Effect back order, and looking up the specs, when I saw the new offerings. I cut the call short with the items I had added, and said I'd get back in touch. (I already had a comment that they should hold the order for the Little Swift and Cafe bag refreshes; still haven't seen the cafe bag line refresh.). My guess is that they made a few Verde Little Swifts, so if you want that color, I'd order now!
    ncb4 likes this.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Thank goodness Aubergine is paired with Wasabi. And Black dyneema is not with UV.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My thoughts exactly. No LS for me.

  7. #7
    Registered User kkintea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    My thoughts exactly. No LS for me.
    Likewise. Nothing in the list can tempt me away from my Steel/Steel LS. Wallet, safe!
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

  8. #8
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Likewise. Nothing in the list can tempt me away from my Steel/Steel LS. Wallet, safe!
    @kkintea, I like that Steel/Steel combination better than Steel/Steel/Wasabi, and likewise prefer my Aubergine/Aubergine/Steel little Swift, but I'm still pleased to see Steel as a Little Swift option.
    kkintea likes this.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    430
    Was the LS ever offered in any Dyneema exteriors other than black? I don't think there was a Nordic LS (though there was a Nordic Swift) but I can't remember if there was a steel 400d exterior offered.

  10. #10
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    689
    Pokilani and moriond, I may surprise you. But now that the Little Swifts I've waited for so long have finally arrived, I'm dithering. When I stop to think about it, I've been steadily downsizing what I carry with me on a regular basis. I just realized that since June, I've barely carried my LS at all. Instead, the Side Effect has become my EDC. And on longer excursions when I want to carry more stuff (like my iPad Air or my mirrorless camera or papers/books), I've migrated to one of my three Daylights.

    So perhaps instead of ordering one of the new batch of Little Swifts, I may add yet another Side Effect to my backorder: maybe in Coyote/Steel. Decisions, decisions: lots of fun!

    ~Nancy

  11. #11
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Was the LS ever offered in any Dyneema exteriors other than black? I don't think there was a Nordic LS (though there was a Nordic Swift) but I can't remember if there was a steel 400d exterior offered.
    There was never a Little Swift in Nordic. (This was a secret hope that both @ncb4 and I entertained). As far as I recall, they only issued the Swift in 400d Nordic Dyneema/Steel and 400d Steel Dyneema/Steel when those fabrics first debuted, at which time they also offered Cafe Bags in Nordic/UV and Steel/Steel Dyneema. (This is the sort of information that you can find if you do a search of the blog.) The first LS offering in Dyneema was last year, when they offered it in Black Dyneema/Iberian at the end of October after Black Dyneema debuted.They later moved that color option to the regular Swift.

    Whether they offer or continue to offer color combinations or fabrics is usually based on the initial reception. We almost lost Nordic last June/July despite the truly amazing comeback it made, starting with the Side Effects, Pilots, Wallets, Synapses, etc. and all the Cafe Bag and Luggage options.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Pokilani and moriond, I may surprise you. But now that the Little Swifts I've waited for so long have finally arrived, I'm dithering. When I stop to think about it, I've been steadily downsizing what I carry with me on a regular basis. I just realized that since June, I've barely carried my LS at all. Instead, the Side Effect has become my EDC. And on longer excursions when I want to carry more stuff (like my iPad Air or my mirrorless camera or papers/books), I've migrated to one of my three Daylights.

    So perhaps instead of ordering one of the new batch of Little Swifts, I may add yet another Side Effect to my backorder: maybe in Coyote/Steel. Decisions, decisions: lots of fun!

    ~Nancy
    Nancy, I really love my Little Swifts, so I'm prepared to offer a good home to any bags you might choose to retire!

    moriond
    ncb4 likes this.

  12. #12
    Registered User adalangdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    462
    And here I was thinking that Coyote/Steel would be excellent on a Swift or LS. It reminds me of straw baskets and is a good summer/fall colour way. I hope the Steel/Wasabi and Coyote/Steel combination will appear for the Swift someday; the LS is a bit too "lady purse" for me.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-13-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Janine likes this.

  13. #13
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    820
    Hah! I've had stuff on my wishlist for ages, waiting for the LS to reappear, but yesterday I decided to order anyway because I wanted a steel/UV SE. Guess I'd better get on to customer services to tweak my order! All I need to do is decide between the black/UV and the steel/wasabi, since they're not making the LS in steel/UV *sigh*
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida (near the beach!)
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Hah! I've had stuff on my wishlist for ages, waiting for the LS to reappear, but yesterday I decided to order anyway because I wanted a steel/UV SE. Guess I'd better get on to customer services to tweak my order! All I need to do is decide between the black/UV and the steel/wasabi, since they're not making the LS in steel/UV *sigh*
    I must say that the black/uv Little Swift I own is absolutely stunning. I also have Steel/UV items, which I love as well. I guess I would go out of my way to get the UV interior versus the steel exterior, but that's the way I roll.

  15. #15
    Registered User scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I must say that the black/uv Little Swift I own is absolutely stunning. I also have Steel/UV items, which I love as well. I guess I would go out of my way to get the UV interior versus the steel exterior, but that's the way I roll.
    I went for black/UV in the end, because I don't really like steel with wasabi - plus I don't currently have a UV small YSS, which presumably will be the freebie with the black/UV LS.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0