Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sturbridge
  • 1 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 2 Post By tpnl

Thread: Is it just my imagination or does the Pilot now have some non-backordered selections?

Is it just my imagination or does the Pilot now have some non-backordered selections?

I swear I decided on a Pilot a couple of weeks ago, but everything at the time was backordered to the end of November. I went to longingly look at the page again last night, and there are a bunch of selections available now. Was that just my imagination? Tom Bihn, what are you doing to my wallet? First new Side Effect selections (coyote/steel on order), now this?????

I really wanted to hold out for a coyote/steel Pilot, but the reality is all the rest of my luggage, and all of my Tom Bihn bags are black or black dyneema, so the Black/Iberian Pilot really would be a better choice. And could be used in a pinch for a work bag. Even though my coyote Side Effect will be lonely without a companion.
    Last edited by sturbridge; 10-10-2014 at 03:01 AM.
    Abby likes this.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

how about a coyote co-pilot to go with the pilot and the SE and be the bridge between them?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I swear I decided on a Pilot a couple of weeks ago, but everything at the time was backordered to the end of November. I went to longingly look at the page again last night, and there are a bunch of selections available now. Was that just my imagination? Tom Bihn, what are you doing to my wallet? First new Side Effect selections (coyote/steel on order), now this?????

I really wanted to hold out for a coyote/steel Pilot, but the reality is all the rest of my luggage, and all of my Tom Bihn bags are black or black dyneema, so the Black/Iberian Pilot really would be a better choice. And could be used in a pinch for a work bag. Even though my coyote Side Effect will be lonely without a companion.
    @sturbridge The first of the Pilots to show up off backlist (Steel/UV) appeared at the same time as you posted your thread on the new Side Effect color combinations. Here's one of my posts (#6) in that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @sturbridge Do yourself a favor and get both Black Dyneema/Iberian and Coyote/Steel Side Effects.

On another topic, even though there are no new Pilot colors that I saw (an Aubergine option would be nice, hint, hint!), the Steel/UV Pilot is showing up as available now (no longer on Back Order).
    Black/Iberian and Navy/UV have since shown up on the available options, but no new colors (like Coyote or Aubergine) have made an appearance in this batch, as color combinations for the Pilot have rolled off the back order list. The last "new" color for the outside of the Pilot was Forest/Steel during the July 8, 2014 production run:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The news many of us have been waiting for…. The Pilot is once again in stock and ready to ship! Colors: Black/Wasabi, Steel/Ultraviolet, Forest/Steel, and Navy/Solar.
    Black/Iberian should be pretty nice. I've seen that combination in the earlier Cadet releases.

HTH moriond

So I'm NOT crazy (this time, and that's always relative anyways being a Bihnion ).
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Black/Iberian should be pretty nice. I've seen that combination in the earlier Cadet releases.
    The Black/Iberian Pilot looks amazing if I do say so myself. Now that I finally have a laptop that fits in there, I'm really excited to use it regularly as a work bag. I'm stoked about all the compartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tpnl likes this.

My Pilot in Black / Iberian just shipped yesterday together with a French Blue DLBP to go in my growing Black/Iberian and Nordic PCBP/PCSB collection! I think TB should invest in drones that deliver quicker! But, I cannot complain - TB is over a month ahead of their estimated late November availability - WOW, thanks TB crew!

@Badger - your Black/Iberian Pilot is a thing of beauty. Thanks for showing it to me when we had a chance to meet! That is what inspired me to get one. It hopefully will fit my big laptop (based on @isablur and @weirdguy's videos and pictures - thanks guys!). If not, I am just going to have to replace my 3 year old laptop with a new smaller one - priorities, you know ...

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 10-10-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post

@Badger - your Black/Iberian Pilot is a thing of beauty. Thanks for showing it to me when we had a chance to meet! That is what inspired me to get one.
    Anything I can do, my friend. Anything I can do. 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0