• 9 Post By Ilkyway
  • 3 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 3 Post By eightspokedb

Thread: Capacity of Nano and Micro Coyote Pouches

Capacity of Nano and Micro Coyote Pouches

Does anyone have any idea how many little camera data cards (within their little plastic cases, of course) would fit in each of these teeny coyote pouches? Enquiring minds must know.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Can't answer your question, but out of curiosity, why do you keep your camera cards in the plastic cases? I used to do this and stopped, because I wasn't sure if there was a reason to keep taking them, and lately just toss them in the same bag that contains all my other chargers. Does it protect them from humidity in the places you travel?
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Here is a visual answer as good as I can do: I only have 7 of thous cases (I too use my cards nowadays very often without a case and never had problems, but it is not overly humid around here):
    In the bigger of these pouches (which is the exact same size of the Pocket Pouch) you can fit 8 for sure 9 very probable and I think even 10 will work. You can have them side by side in there, which helps a lot.

In the smaler Pouch I was able to fit 6 SD-Card Cases. By the way these are the smaller once I have. I have older once, which are bigger. I assume you are talking about these in the pictures?

Hot this helps.

Name:  Pouch for SD-Card1.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  208.7 KB

Name:  Pouch for SD-Card2.jpg
Size:  637.5 KB

Name:  Pouch for SD-Card3.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  472.9 KB

Name:  Pouch for SD-Card4.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  428.4 KB

Name:  Pouch for SD-Card5.jpg
Size:  834.9 KB

Ilkyway

Sorry about the typos... my head was somewhere else. Now I have it back and it does not stop laughing about me. Well it is one of thous days...

@bchaplin, I guess my answer is...habit, she shrugged sheepishly. It has nothing to do with humidity, which can be an issue for the camera itself. I guess I just protect them from being jostled and squashed. In my last camera bag, there was a spot for them that was padded. I didn't carry the cases. In my new camera bag, an EC eCube, there is no such pocket. That aside, I only use my camera case while in transit. Once at my destination, the camera is either around my neck or in my EDC, bare naked. I'm thinking about one of the little pouches to go into my EDC. I do find it useful to mark the cases where the SD card is full. The coding is helpful for when a toucan shows up at your front door early in the morning and you need to grab, load, and go in a hurry.

@ilkyway...you have been busy, girlfriend! You are so thoughtful of us all. Your pictures are very, very helpful. Thank you! It looks like the nano will work for me. I usually only carry 3-4 SD cards. I wish these teeny pouches came in a multitude of colors that way I could color-code for used or empty...and maybe ditch the cases.....

monkeylady,
    interim solution: you could try tying paracord to the zippers as indicators. I think normal colorful thread should work too, since they're not really essential to opening the pouches, and might have a smaller "footprint" as well.

I too wish they came in other colors. While icebeng's solution would work the coyote is a color I personally can't stand. I love the size of these little pouches: the mini holds my toilet-money and the nano holds my USB-Stick and protects it from dirt and whatever. I know there is lots of love for this color and I am so happy for thous who love this color, that it is been used more and more. I just wish I had the choice to get it in another color. BUT as important as colors are for me, the function of these little thinks is so good, that I have and use them daily anyway.

On a side note: the coyote is the reason, why I still am not a proud owner of the Guides Backpack. I totally understand the retro-look and even like it on other people but I can not stand how this color clashes with my wardrobe. I might be a little shallow but since there are other great options for backpacks from Tom Bihn... At the moment my Smart Alec (the aubergine one) has seen a bit of my part of the world. It is a great Backpack!

Ilkyway

I'm with you on the coyote color, @Ilkyway. It's not my favorite either. That being said, function trumps fashion on this one. Not long after the Christmas present release from TB, I asked Darcy if we might see more of those little critters, in many wonderful colors, added to the pouch lineup. She indicated that it was likely. But then the Qkit arrived and I wonder if that little pouch filled the bill, so to speak, in TB's.
    Ilkyway likes this.

I would love the nano/micro in more colors....just saying....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0