Question Which bag??? Ego or Super Ego? and a couple questions...

I'll mainly be using it to bring to work with my laptop (IBM T43) and some books and magazines. I am still using my 5 year old kensington saddle bag, it still works but is on it's last legs.
    I'm looking at going back to school soon and may need to lug some text books to classes.
    I see there's only about an inch difference in the specs of the two bags but I was hoping to hear from someone who has received the new Ego bag. I usually end up carrying too much and thought the Ego might help that, but if you're going to have a bag why not have room for everything and go with the Super Ego?

Questions:
    On the Ego page, you can choose the Absolute shoulder strap as an option.
    but on the super Ego page you can't. What Shoulder strap does the Super Ego come with? Can I get it with an Absolute Strap?

Is there a list of strip names and pictures, I see the picture of them all but can't place the names with each color

Is Wasabi the brightest color I can get for the interior?

thanks!!!!!!

Take care,
    Seth

Quote Originally Posted by setherd View Post
    I'll mainly be using it to bring to work with my laptop (IBM T43) and some books and magazines. I am still using my 5 year old kensington saddle bag, it still works but is on it's last legs.
    I'm looking at going back to school soon and may need to lug some text books to classes.
    I see there's only about an inch difference in the specs of the two bags but I was hoping to hear from someone who has received the new Ego bag. I usually end up carrying too much and thought the Ego might help that, but if you're going to have a bag why not have room for everything and go with the Super Ego?
    I have an Ego, but I have never seen a Super Ego, so I can't comment on whether it would hold a lot more. Under the flap the opening is curved and that can be a little restrictive on what sized items you can put in there. I carry my Ego with a MacBook and all of the stuff I would carry in a purse. It can get quite heavy with just that. Adding books and I would, personally, have to go with a backpack, but I am a wimp. If you wouldn't be taking the laptop with you to class, though, that space is big enough for a few books.

Questions:
    On the Ego page, you can choose the Absolute shoulder strap as an option.
    but on the super Ego page you can't. What Shoulder strap does the Super Ego come with? Can I get it with an Absolute Strap?
    I don't think so. The Super Ego isn't listed on the absolute strap page either. I find the regular strap to be very nice, though.

Is there a list of strip names and pictures, I see the picture of them all but can't place the names with each color
    Click on the strips to open the larger version of the image (it will open in another window). The names are at the bottom.

Is Wasabi the brightest color I can get for the interior?
    Yes.

thanks!!!!!!

Take care,
    Seth

Thanks for the info, Can anyone compare the Absoulte Shoulder strap to the one the super ego has, is it a lot better or it's not that much of a difference?

Also I haven't seen a picture of it from the top with the flap closed, DO you have to undo the flap to get to the laptop section or can you get to your laptop while it's closed?

thanks!
    Seth

Volunteer Moderator
    Definitely you can get to your laptop with the flap closed. It's completely separate, the laptop compartment (closed with the waterproof zipper at the top of the bag) and the organizer part (that the flap covers).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Can anyone compare the Absoulte Shoulder strap to the one the super ego has, is it a lot better or it's not that much of a difference?
    The strap that comes with the current Super Ego (with a 2" toothed shoulder strap slide) and the Standard Shoulder Strap that comes with the Ego, ID, and Imago are two different straps. Both straps are comfortable, though the new Standard Shoulder Strap has a lower profile.

The next batch of Super Ego bags (available around April 15th) that our factory is working on will have the 1 1/2" toothed shoulder strap slide - the same toothed slide that the Ego, ID, and Imago have. That means you can use the Standard Strap, Absolute Strap, or the soon-to-be-released Q-AM (Quick-Adjust Messenger) strap on the next "version" (everything will be the same on the next batch of Super Ego bags except for the toothed slide change) of Super Ego.

We're also working on coming up with an adapter that people who have older bags with 2" shoulder strap slides could use that would allow them to use the Absolute Shoulder Strap on their bags.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the info Darcy, I may wait for the revised version, or might just go ahead and get the super ego.

take care,
    Seth

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0