Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Introducing Verde 1050d ballistic nylon + the updated Aeronaut 45

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing Verde 1050d ballistic nylon + the updated Aeronaut 45

We've been waiting rather impatiently to share this news with you guys: the updated Aeronaut 45 -- featuring the same design updates that debuted in the Aeronaut 30 -- is now available for pre-order. Impatiently because, well, we think the design updates (detailed below) make what was already the perfect carry-on bag even more so, and also because we planned for the Aeronaut 45 to be the first bag made available for pre-order in our latest 1050d ballistic nylon color:
    Verde

Name:  verdeaeronaut45.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  86.1 KB
    The updated Aeronaut 45 in Verde.

Verde is a rich, vibrant green. It's similar to the Olive 1000d Cordura we all know, but brighter and greener enough to call out for its own name. And, yes: it's what is replacing Forest. In addition to the Aeronaut 45, the Aeronaut 30 is available for pre-order in Verde/Steel. Stay tuned, as we expect to make more bags available in Verde in the coming months.

Here's a recap of the design updates in the new Aeronaut 45:

Two End Zippered Pockets
    Both end pockets will now be zippered. (On the original Aeronaut 45, one end pocket was zippered, and one was open-top.)

One, Two, or Three Compartments: You Choose
    The snaps in the main compartment have been replaced with zippered dividers, allowing you to transform the Aeronaut 45 into a one, two, or three compartment bag based on your needs/what you need to pack.

Right Side Up Waterproof Zippers
    The Aeronaut 45 still has the much-loved YKK AquaguardŽ waterproof coil zippers, but we're now sewing them "right side up", which basically means they're easier to operate, they'll weigh a little bit less, and they'll last even longer.

Note that these design updates already exist/are in effect in the Aeronaut 30.

Aeronaut 45s that are available for order at $250 are the previous version, which means they don't include these design updates.

Aeronaut 45s that are available for order at $280 are the new version, which means they do include these design updates.

If you're a fan of the original Aeronaut 45, now would be the time to order any colors still available at the $250 price, as we won't be making another batch of the original.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Nice color!

Me likey! I already have both an A45 and A30, so looking forward to seeing what other bags this colour will be made into. I suppose anything already made of 1050d would be a safe bet...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

@Darcy, can you post some photos (or even better, a short video) of the 3 to 1 compartment style in the new A45?

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @Darcy, can you post some photos (or even better, a short video) of the 3 to 1 compartment style in the new A45?
    This video might help:

As might itsablur's excellent Aeronaut 30 vs 45 comparison video:

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Dear @Darcy,

When Black/Steel will be available in the new format?

Any due date for the updated S25?

I would like to order then together.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Love that new A30 vs 45 video, especially the baby that makes an appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    This video might help:

Love the cameos AKA videobombing in this clip ;-) And finally, easy visuals for all the height-related carry questions!

I had seen @itsablur's video re: A30, but somehow my mind jumped to you can completely unzip the pockets and make one big bag in the new A45. I think it's from all this talk of Nightflight 2.0 and how to fit certain longer items (i.e., shoes, iPad). Having the A45 1.0, I can see the appeal of zippers over snaps on pushing out the main compartment. Thanks @Darcy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Love that new A30 vs 45 video, especially the baby that makes an appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't forget the sweet dog ~1:22.

Beautiful!

If I hadn't just placed my order for an A30 in Steel, I would probably be feeling a little torn right about now...
    Darcy likes this.
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (w/Iberian), Co-Pilot (w/Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Aeronaut30 (w/UV), Pilot (w/UV), Western Flyer (w/Iberian)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (w/Wasabi), Pilot (w/Wasabi), Side Effect (w/Wasabi)

Is the Aeronaut 30 vs 45 video new? I love it - it's perfect for comparing the two!

The new color's not my cup of tea (I'm still hoping for a sky blue ballistic (or dyneema!)), but I'm glad others are excited, and one fewer temptation for me is probably for the best...

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Oh Darcy! Please tell Tom I LOVE this new Verde! Great new color!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Oh Darcy! Please tell Tom I LOVE this new Verde! Great new color!
    I will! He's working late sewing a new prototype that we hope we can tell you about by early next year.... (no more hints than that and I don't think anyone would correctly guess what it is!)

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Dear @Darcy,

When Black/Steel will be available in the new format?

Any due date for the updated S25?

I would like to order then together.
    Good questions! No firm dates right now, but I'd say late October for the Black/Steel A45 and maybe late November for the updated S25.
    eWalker likes this.

LOVE the new green! It's so much fun watching you guys to see what you'll come up with next
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0