Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is this grey or steel?

Is this grey or steel?

I just received a lovely S25 in grey/UV, and I am looking forward to figuring it out and admiring its features. But a quick external question--the pics of the grey I saw looked much lighter than does the bag in my hands which is the same color as parapak steel. What do you guys think? On top of the synapse is a micro pouch (mystery gift size-I think that is micro??) in steel parapak.

Name:  IMG_2803.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  715.0 KB

It definitely looks like steel.

Wasn't Steel just a Ballistic and Dyneema color though?
    I have been thinking about a S25 in this same combination since there is no Black/UV right now and this pic looks good to me and is tempting as I thought it would be a much lighter shade?

Volunteer Moderator
    Looks like Steel to me. @AVService, they did have Steel Cordura as a Synapse option, along with Steel Cafe bags (in Cordura). I'd also actually call or email to check that there are absolutely no Black/UV S25s available. @luvdabags, they have been using product ID codes on the tags that come with your bags, and that also show up in your detailed packing list and order. I believe these now contain the color coding information, although without having ordered a Synapse in Steel Cordura I wouldn't know what the code says. What does yours read?

HTH moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-24-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: mistyped Black 400d Dyneema/UV for Black/UV

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Wasn't Steel just a Ballistic and Dyneema color though?
    No, there is a Cordura Steel. I used to have a Medium Cafe Bag in Steel.

@luvdabags, it does really look much darker than the Grey on the website, but I can't for the life of me think of any offerings in Steel Cordura/UV at all, much less the S25. Maybe an email to CS will clear it up for you.

ETA: moriond beat me. She always does.

The grey is darker in reality than it looks on my laptop screen. I asked for a sample of the grey because I was unsure of the color. It is lighter than my steel SE when I compared the two.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @luvdabags, it does really look much darker than the Grey on the website, but I can't for the life of me think of any offerings in Steel Cordura/UV at all, much less the S25. Maybe an email to CS will clear it up for you.
    @luvdabags, @Badger, They did make the Synapse 25 in Steel/UV not so long ago. Take a look at @jblock's Synapse (Steel/UV + Western Flyer) combo thread from June 2014. I haven't seen Grey in person (only the pictures Darcy posted.

HTH moriond

I emailed my pic to CS, and will forward any info I get from them. thanks, all.

Apparently I am also always wrong. Sigh.

(Consoles self with skunk head sporran.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a brilliant idea, and I checked the tag (don't judge me for it taking me 2 days to think of this.) and it is, indeed, steel. Now to decide if I want to swap out for the grey. The steel is growing on me...

At least the mystery is solved. And for my 2 cents on keeping the steel--since you haven't seen grey yet maybe you can ask them for a swatch of grey before you make your decision? Steel is a great color but if it were me I'd feel compelled to at least see grey in person. If not I'd be too tempted to buy the next thing in grey just because. But that's me...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    I had a brilliant idea, and I checked the tag (don't judge me for it taking me 2 days to think of this.) and it is, indeed, steel. Now to decide if I want to swap out for the grey. The steel is growing on me...
    Did you like the appearance of the Grey/Ultraviolet Synapse 25 when you viewed @Meglet's post or her Flickr stream images? (Note that there are a couple more pictures in the Flickr stream link than appear in the link to the TB forum post).

As @jess said, you could check with a color swatch if the different Grey bag color (vs. Steel) doesn't tempt you.

moriond

Gotta be good at something!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Apparently I am also always wrong. Sigh.

(Consoles self with skunk head sporran.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am leaning toward switching over. The steel is just a bit dark for me, I think, and the grey pics got me right from the start! thanks all!
    jess likes this.

Did they make the Synapse 19 in Steel/UV so recently as well, does anyone know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0