Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By kkintea

Thread: Dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel

Dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel

Does anyone know the dimensions of the center compartment in Night Flight Duffel, I want to see if a pair of dress shoes fit it the middle compartment, thanks.

Womens size 10 do not fit unless diagonal.

It's about 2 travel trays long. I can't find a measuring tape at the moment, only TB rulers and other TB products. HTH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. That was extremely useful especially the pictures with the travel tray. Thanks for the quick help.

Hi kkintea, how do you like your Steel/Steel NFTD? I missed put on the Black Dyneema option and thinking of placing an order next week. Do you find the Steel interior a bit too dark? I was hoping to get a lighter colored fabric interior. Also, do you find the Ballistic a bit stiff and uncomfortable to carry by your side using the shoulder strap? Thanks in advance!

The NFTD is really quite compact. I carried it by the handles quite a bit on my last flight with it, even though I had an absolute strap. It felt natural. I took the padding out, so I'm glad it's ballistic. It retains its shape even when packed full. I am very partial to steel/steel - my Little Swift is the same combo. It's just enough flair for me (versus black). I also grew to like solar, and outgrew wasabi as lining colors. To be honest, I maximize the NFTD by using Eagle Creek Specter Cubes, which are light/bright colors against the steel lining. The only downside is accommodating a second pair of shoes. Perhaps someone with the black Dyneema version could chime in on whether it's more forgiving.

WenV likes this.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

I was able to put an Eagle Creek half cube in the middle compartment, so I'd say in the neighborhood of 7 x 10 inches. Not big enough for shoes (I'm a 7.5 US women's size) unless on the diagonal. Not enough for a rolled up pair of jeans either (unless diagonal) so I returned mine. I was so sad. I love love love the coyote/steel dyneema combination.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I was able to put an Eagle Creek half cube in the middle compartment, so I'd say in the neighborhood of 7 x 10 inches. Not big enough for shoes (I'm a 7.5 US women's size) unless on the diagonal. Not enough for a rolled up pair of jeans either (unless diagonal) so I returned mine. I was so sad. I love love love the coyote/steel dyneema combination.
    I wear size 7.5 US women's and fit them across (not diagonal) (tried with both New Balance running shoes and Luna sandals). They do push a little into one side compartment but not enough to lose much space. Once the shoes are in, there's enough space on the bottom for a Eagle Creek half tube (long and narrow). This makes a good first layer. A woman's size 8 would not fit across and would have to go diagonal.

They do push a little into one side compartment but not enough to lose much space.
    Yeah, I'd packed the end compartments first when I tried putting the shoes in the middle, so I got resistance in putting shoes in straight.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0