Thread: Too big?

Too big?

I have a IBM Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m and I'm considering getting a Super Ego but I'm afraid the bag would be too big for everyday use. It seems like only the size 1 Horizontal Brain Cell fits the Z61m and only the Super Ego and the Empire Builder fits the size 1 Horizontal Brain Cell.

Will the Super Ego be too big for everyday use? Are there any other size Brain Cells that will fit the Z61m?

I recently bought a Timbuk2 Commute XL but I'm returning it because there are no zippers and I'm afraid water will get in. The dimensions for the Commute XL and Super Ego seems pretty similar.

Here are the size dimensions for the Z61m:

14.1"x10.4"x1.6"

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi Ry0403,

How did you feel about the size of the Commute XL? I looked up the dimensions of the Commute, and you're right - they are similar to the Super Ego. The Super Ego is taller than the Commute, though, which might make it seem a little bigger.

If you need/want a big bag for a big laptop and a lot of stuff, the Super Ego wouldn't be too big for everyday use.

As for your Z61m, we're working on coming up with a new size of Brain Cell that will fit laptops like yours better than the Size 1. This new size is called the 2S, and has interior dimensions of: 14.5 x 10.8 x 1.7.

There is a chance that the 2S will fit in smaller bags like the Ego, ID, and Empire Builder. More news on the 2S will be available soon, and it should be available for pre-order within the next few weeks. There is a chance we will have one or two prototypes of the 2S that will be available before the first production run is.

For now, your best option would be the Size 1, though it will be a little bit of a snug fit for your laptop in terms of thickness.
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-19-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hi Darcy,

Thanks for the reply.
    The size of the Commute XL is good. I'm really considering purchasing the Super Ego. Are there any pictures of the Super Ego and Ego side by side?

I really need to get a bag soon. How good are the chances that the 2S will fit in the Ego? The 2S with the Ego seems like the perfect combination for me.

Thanks.

Can I give you a definitive answer on Friday? We should have a sample of the new 2S Brain Cell by then, and I can try clipping it inside of the Ego.

Pictures of the Super Ego and the Ego side-by-side are definitely on the to-do list.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I can wait till Friday.
    Keep me updated.

Thanks.

It looks like the Size 2S Horizontal Brain Cell will only fit inside of the Super Ego. The Size 2S Vertical Brain Cell will fit in both the Brain Bag and Smart Alec.

The Size 2S Brain Cell will be available in about a month or so. Your laptop will also fit in the currently available Size 2XL Brain Cell, but the Size 2S would be a more snug fit.

I'd be glad to email you when the Size 2S is available for pre-order. We'll also post that news on the [URL=http://www.tombihn.com/blog]blog[URL].

Thank You.

I'll wait for the Size 2S Horizontal Brain Cell and get the Super Ego.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0