Cleaning Help - Wahsing Machine?

Before I actually put my bag in the washing machine (cold cycle, air dry), I wanted to get your guy's opinions. My lovely, darling, hell cat decided to use it as a litter box. I wiped it down with a wet cloth, and then Febreezed it to death, but it still smells slightly off. I'd like for the smell to go away so that I can use my bag again, and my thought at the moment is popping it into the washing machine on cold and then letting it air dry. Seem reasonable, better suggestions?

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Care Instructions: Hand wash with mild soap (dish detergent works great) and hang to dry. Use of washing machines or clothes dryers will damage the bag and void the guarantee.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/CTGY/_GUAR

I think someone said something about soaking in the bathtub working well.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'd recommend trying Nature's Miracle on your bag. (Be sure to spot test first, but it shouldn't harm the fabric.)

It's amazing stuff. A couple of years ago I fostered a litter of newborn kittens and their feral mom. Mom cat peed on her blankets and the floor the first night she was at my house. (She and her kittens used the litterbox after that and there weren't any further problems - I think she was just scared being in a house.) After I used Nature's Miracle on the floor and her blankets, the smell was gone. It was amazing. I thought nothing got rid of the smell of cat urine!

Be sure to follow the directions on the bottle. Nature's Miracle seems to work best when you completely soak the offending item and then let it air dry.

P.S. Maybe you'd like to post a picture of your lovely darling hell cat here.
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-05-2007 at 01:34 PM.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Mel
    I have a gallon of Nature's Miracle, and that is my go-to for pet accidents! It really does work, even on male cat urine (which is one of the WORST smells, ever). I have used it on wooden floors with success.

It may take more than one application to work, so be patient. You may want to hand wash to freshen up, then hit it with the Nature's Miracle/Petastic.

Also, make sure you get Petastic, which is what Darcy linked to -- the current product labeled and being sold as Nature's Miracle is NOT the same formulation and doesn't work as well, in my experience.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Also, make sure you get Petastic, which is what Darcy linked to -- the current product labeled and being sold as Nature's Miracle is NOT the same formulation and doesn't work as well, in my experience.
    That's a really good tip! I didn't know Nature's Miracle was still being sold and that it's a different product now.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.