Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 3 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By HoopNomad
  • 1 Post By Janine

Thread: New to me, Part, the Tactical Link

New to me, Part, the Tactical Link

Tactical Link: High strength polymer attachment device. Saves weight compared to metal carabiners. Textured grip for use with wet/gloved hands. Won't clip to o-rings, but will clip on most exterior webbing loops and handles of our bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Tactical Link: High strength polymer attachment device. Saves weight compared to metal carabiners. Textured grip for use with wet/gloved hands. Won't clip to o-rings, but will clip on most exterior webbing loops and handles of our bags.
    The tactical link been available under Parts for some time, but I think they didn't add a picture until late March or April:
    Name:  TB0560_24b.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  25.1 KB

moriond

My order containing tactical links arrived yesterday. They look very sturdy! They can be attached to the daisy-chain webbing that runs along the outside of a Quiver. They also fit through the webbing loops inside of a Brain Bag, where the annex clips would normally go.
    eWalker likes this.

fyi, you can drill holes between the ribs and thread p-cord or split rings to keep things from wandering around the 'biner. works very well if you are using them for keys, for instance. i have one tied to my work mug handle in this fashion so that i can clip it to my pocket while walking to the dining hall on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
    fyi, you can drill holes between the ribs and thread p-cord or split rings to keep things from wandering around the 'biner. works very well if you are using them for keys, for instance. i have one tied to my work mug handle in this fashion so that i can clip it to my pocket while walking to the dining hall on campus.
    That must be some walk if you need to tether your mug so that the two of you arrive safely!
    Abby likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

well, it is a small campus, but you never know. haha and sometimes i need to carry other stuff.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0