Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Backorder Updates/Back In Stock

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Hannah's Avatar

Exclamation Backorder Updates/Back In Stock

Hello again, forums! I'm making my grand return to give you guys something new to chew on: every day I'll be updating this list of which items have gone on backorder or have returned to stock. This way it (hopefully) won't be such a big shock if some bag isn't readily available -- or, on the other hand, it won't be such a big surprise when they return... okay, so it might be a little disappointing on that end, but I'm hoping this'll help either way!

Return to Stock:

11/04
    - 3D Clear Organizer Cube; French Blue
    - Daylight Briefcase NEW
    - Vertical Freudian Slip; Synapse 25 and Synapse 19 NEW

11/06
    - Side Effect; Black/Iberian, Navy/Iberian
    - Packing Cube; Aeronaut 30 End Pocket All Fabric
    - Laundry Stuff Sack; Aeroanut 45: Steel & Wasabi
    - Travel Stuff Sack; Size 1 Steel
    - Coyote, Plum, Black Dyneema, Navy, Burnt Orange, French Blue
    - Night Flight Dividers

11/07
    - Cache; 13" MacBook Pro Retina Vertical
    - Yarn Stuff Sack; Clear Bottom Medium Iberian

11/11
    - Aeronaut 30; Black/Steel, Black/Wasabi, Steel/Wasabi, Verde/STeel, Steel/Ultraviolet, Navy/Wasabi, Coyote/Steel
    - Side Effect; Coyote/Steel, Verde/Ultraviolet, Black Dyneema/Iberian, Black Dyneema/Wasabi, Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet, Black/Ultraviolet
    - Synapse 25; Black/Iberian
    - Pilot; Black/Iberian
    - Tri-Star; Black/Wasabi
    - Brain Bag; Black/Black/Steel
    - Clear Organizer Wallet; Turquoise
    - Daylight Briefcase; Olive, Plum, French Blue, Navy

11/14
    - 3D Clear Organizer Cube; Iberian
    - Packing Cube Shoulder Bag; Ultraviolet, Steel
    - Empire Builder; Black/Black/Steel

11/18
    - Packing Cube Shoulder Bag; Iberian
    - Tri-Star; Black/Steel
    - Small Cafe Bag; Black/Olive, Cocoa/Olive, Grey/Navy, Kelly/Navy
    - Pilot; Black/Iberian
    - Synapse 25; Burnt Orange/Steel, Black/Steel
    - Daylight Briefcase; Navy, French Blue, Black Dyneema, Olive, Linen
    - Shop Bag; Small Iberian
    - Clear Quarter Packing Cube; Wasabi
    - Packing Cube; Tri-Star Medium
    - Aeronaut 45; Coyote/Steel

11/19
    - 3d Clear Organizer Cube; Grey, Wasabi, Steel, Linen
    - Upper Modular Pocket; Steel, Black, Aubergine, Navy

11/20
    - Daylight Backpack; Coyote, Cocoa, Linen
    - Packing Cube; Aeronaut 30 Small, Large

On Backorder/Out of Stock:

11/04
    - Vertical Cache, 13" MacBook Pro Retina
    - Aeronaut 45; Navy/Iberian
    - Aeronaut 45; Verde/Steel
    - Aeronaut 30 Packing Cube Large
    - Orange Tri-Power Whistle

11/5
    - Yarn Stuff Sack Clear Bottom; Iberian

- Snake Charmer; Black, Burnt Orange, Cocoa, Coyote, French Blue, Grey, Navy, Olive, Plum (Early December)
    - Small Cafe Bag; Coyote/Olive, French Blue/Olive, Grey/Navy, Linen/Navy (Early December)
    - Medium Cafe Bag; Black/Olive, Black/Steel, Burnt Orange/Navy, Linen/Olive, French Blue/Steel, Grey/Olive, Navy/Olive, Olive/Steel, Plum/Olive (Early December)
    - Brain Bag; Black/Coyote/Steel (Early January)
    - Synapse 25; Black/Steel, Coyote/Steel (Early January)
    - Cadet; Steel/Iberian, Black/Steel, Coyote/Steel, Verde/Steel (Early January)
    - Daylight Backpack; Burnt Orange, Cocoa, Coyote, Grey, Linen (Early December)
    - Packing Cube Shoulder Bag; Iberian, Ultraviolet, Steel (Early December)

11/6
    - Small Cafe Bag; Linen/Navy

11/7
    - Clear Quarter Packing Cube; Iberian
    - Synapse 25; Black/Iberian
    - Snake Charmer; Steel

11/11
    - Packing Cube Backpack (Tristar/Western Flyer); Iberian
    - Aeronaut 45; Coyote/Steel
    - Travel Money Belt; Medium

11/14
    - Key Strap; 16" Solar

11/18
    - Yarn Stuff Sack; Small All-Fabric Wasabi
    - Nook Simple Touch Pouch Ultrasuede
    - Tri-Star Packing Cube, Large (Early December)
    - Guardian Light Strap-Mount, Red (Late January)
    - Aeronaut 45 Packing Cube, Large (Early December)

11/20
    - Packing Cube Backpack; Steel

Bear with me as I slowly add onto this list. I'll try to keep it as accurate and up-to-date as I can!

Edit: Trying a new way of organizing! Hopefully this works better.
    Edit 2: Latest update re: the updated version of the Aeronaut 45, as well as the introduction of Verde Ballistic!
    Edit 3: The introduction of the NEW Daylight Briefcase and Synapse 19/25 Freudian Slips!
    Edit 4: Update on previous versions of Aeronauts:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Special heads-up!

Very limited quantities of the Aeronaut 45 (previous version/pre-updates) in the following colors are available now, but probably won't be for long:

Forest/Ultraviolet
    Forest/Steel
    Black/Ultraviolet
    Black/Wasabi
    Black/Steel
    Black/Iberian
    Steel/Steel
    Steel/Wasabi
    Steel/Ultraviolet
    Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet
    Black Dyneema/Iberian
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi

This is also likely to be the last week that the previous version/pre-update Aeronaut 45s will be available for order. Sometime by the end of this week or early next we'll update the Aeronaut 45 page to show the new version only.
    Last edited by Hannah; 11-20-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: prev aeros

Due to the nature of this thread, you could probably add the title of Chief Enabler to your job scope, Hannah :P
    Think of all the people hovering over the edge you'll be shoving over with each update! Lol
    Looking forward to your posts!

I have 1 small suggestion, if it's not too much trouble, could you also let us know of small changes or upgrades to the bag's designs here?
    Things like additional o-rings, or zippers being flipped(like on the A45, btw,have they?) are all minor stuff, but may be of great interest to people wanting to get the bags.

I would also suggest for us to discuss any changes in separate threads so as not to derail this one.

Uh-oh. Now I'll be even MORE compelled (if that's even possible) to check the TB site for must-have (or must-want!) items. I could always use more snazzy colors in my life. You enablers, you!! I do appreciate having this info in one dedicated spot

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Due to the nature of this thread, you could probably add the title of Chief Enabler to your job scope, Hannah :P
    Think of all the people hovering over the edge you'll be shoving over with each update! Lol
    Looking forward to your posts!

I have 1 small suggestion, if it's not too much trouble, could you also let us know of small changes or upgrades to the bag's designs here?
    Things like additional o-rings, or zippers being flipped(like on the A45, btw,have they?) are all minor stuff, but may be of great interest to people wanting to get the bags.

I would also suggest for us to discuss any changes in separate threads so as not to derail this one.
    I will try! I know for right now our biggest update O-Ring-wise is the 9 O-Rings on the Brain Bag. The Synapse 19, Synapse 25, and Aeronaut 45 will all be updating to the "flipped zipper" of the Aeronaut 30, where the Aquaguard is on the inside instead of the outside. These updates will be popping up in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I will try! I know for right now our biggest update O-Ring-wise is the 9 O-Rings on the Brain Bag. The Synapse 19, Synapse 25, and Aeronaut 45 will all be updating to the "flipped zipper" of the Aeronaut 30, where the Aquaguard is on the inside instead of the outside. These updates will be popping up in the future!
    Ooh, thanks for the advance notice! I'd suspected this was in the works...
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

To add onto the question of updates from Darcy from this post:

Design updates in the Aeronaut 30 you’ll find include: both exterior end pockets are zippered, the main compartment snaps have been replaced with zippered dividers, allowing you to turn the Aeronaut 30 into a one or two compartment bag when you need it to be, and the Aeronaut 30′s YKK AquaguardŽ waterproof coil zippers have been flipped to be “right side up”, which basically means they’ll last even longer.

These design updates will be making their way to the Aeronaut 45 in the next 4-6 weeks, at which point the price of the Aeronaut 45 will be updated to $280. See here for more info/background on the price updates.

I know it's a little confusing that the Aeronaut 30 is more than the Aeronaut 45; we just wanted to wait to update the price of the Aeronaut 45 until it had the new design updates. Hope this helps a little!

Another color update:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Our new 1000d grey is different enough from our Steel 1050d ballistic and 200d Dyneema/nylon that we thought it deserved its own name. And Grey it is. There's no finished bags in Grey (yet) to photograph, but here's a quick photo of the Synapse 25 in Grey/Wasabi in work on the production floor:

Attachment 8113

We expect the Brain Bag will be available for order in Black/Grey/Steel within the next month or two.
    For clarification, Grey will be a 1000d Cordura color.

For clarification, Grey will be a 1000d Cordura color.
    Can you peek into the Mystical Production Schedule and tell us what bags will be coming in Grey? Inquiring minds and itchy credit cards want to know. :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oh you just started a fond rise for two new Synapses. I was so hoping that they get their zippers flipped.
    Hannah you are doing a great job of rising excitement and anticipation.
    Thank you
    Ilkyway
    Janine and eWalker like this.

Hmm... I wonder if this update also means that the corded zipper pulls on the Synapses will become gunmetal tabs. Have to say that I have not been a big fan of the zipper/tab changes.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if this update also means that the corded zipper pulls on the Synapses will become gunmetal tabs. Have to say that I have not been a big fan of the zipper/tab changes.
    I also think I'd prefer the cord pulls and current zippers on the Synapses. I think the gun metal gray of.the new "flipped zippers" that started being used on the Pilots, Side Effects, and new travel bags like the Aeronaut 30, looks good against Ballistic Nylon, but less so against Dyneema, and on a new, redesigned Synapse I'd probably end up clipping the tabs and substituting these with cord pulls to keep them from jingling.

To see what @taminca and I are speaking about, take a look at the pictures in her Something's Different On the Side Effect thread that shows the way the switch from corded pull tabs to gun metal gray YKK sliders and longer metal pull tabs first made their way from the Pilot to the Side Effect in early February 2014. See @Darcy's comments about the Side Effect, which doesn't show up the inverted zippers (termed "flipped zippers" in @Hannah's post) that are used in the larger travel bags, and that will also be coming to the Synapse according to @Hannah's post. I won't derail the current discussion thread with lengthy quotes, but will just tell interested readers that they can read the detailed description about the reasons behind the redesign in Darcy's post (#110) in The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014 thread.

For a more recent contrasting view on the new gun metal gray zippers, see @bb93fo57' post in the A letter to the new gunmetal zipper thread.

HTH. BTW, it's crazy how fast some of these changes in product availability go into effect. For example, the A30 in Black Dyneena was not available last Friday morning, then became available by Friday night, and has already sold out and is available for September back order as of yesterday (all before I managed to complete this non-urgent post).
    Last edited by moriond; 08-26-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added missing link

Backorder Updates/Back In Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I also think I'd prefer the cord pulls and current zippers on the Synapses. I think the gun metal gray of.the new "flipped zippers" that started being used on the Pilots, Side Effects, and new travel bags like the Aeronaut 30, looks good against Ballistic Nylon, but less so against Dyneema, and on a new, redesigned Synapse I'd probably end up clipping the tabs and substituting these with cord pulls to keep them from jingling.
    Yes, 100% agree. Durability aside (always a good thing!!), I'll admit to wincing a little everytime I see the silver zips on my Nordic SE. It just doesn't go as well. I do think the old ones were an overall safer bet from an aesthetic point of view...
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

I agree the original style zippers look a lot better on the Synapse, but I don’t think the new zippers really bother me on the Pilot. On the Synapse they are so prominent and give the bag some of its distinctive look, so a change would really impact the appearance of the bag. On the pilot the zippers are less of a design element and really just zippers.
    taminca likes this.

I am guessing that the cords simply haven't been put on the sliders yet in that photo. I suspect that the tabs are on the sliders before the zippers are sewn in.

I'm just wondering, is smart alec coming back, anytime soon hopefully before my conference trip in November? I don't see it on back ordered list, so I'm just wondering.
    weirdguy and udasi like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0