Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bollocks! I totally would have rocked the Buzz if it were left shouldered, too. I had the original buzz, but returned it because I didn't like it on the right and it was too small for my Macbook Pro.

Volunteer Moderator
    Wow, the Black/Navy/Plum and Black/Steel/Sapphire color options look really good. And I think you mentioned that the small pouches were also now available in periwinkle? What's the color of the new Buzz interior?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Wow, the Black/Navy/Plum and Black/Steel/Sapphire color options look really good. And I think you mentioned that the small pouches were also now available in periwinkle? What's the color of the new Buzz interior?
    I'm amazed at how cool the Steel/Sapphire combination looks. And Navy and Plum seem meant for each other.

The pouches were available in Periwinkle about a year ago, but we've sadly run out of the Periwinkle fabric, and no more will be made.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Asus W3J

I was curious if this new Buzz will fit my notebook Asus W3J? I was looking at the Buzz months ago when I got my W3J but had to find alternative solutions when I found out it would not fit.

The dimensions for a MacBook Pro 15.4 is 14.1x9.6x1 and the dimensions for a W3J is 13x9.7x1.28. The 9.7 width over the 9.6 doesn't really concern me (should it?) but what I'm worried about is if my notebook is too thick? I've never gotten a chance to look at a Buzz in person so I really have no clue as to whether or not that .28" is going to make a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by arosas View Post
    I was curious if this new Buzz will fit my notebook Asus W3J?
    Based on the dimensions you provided, your Asus laptop probably will fit, but we can't be sure without actually trying it...if the Buzz is the bag for you, I'd suggest ordering it and trying out the fit in-person.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Buzz is now in stock and ready to ship - a full month ahead of schedule!

I'd recommend ordering quickly: we're already almost sold out of Black/Black/Black, Black/Black/Steel, Black/Steel/Sapphire, and a few other colors, too.

The Buzz page has new pictures of the Buzz (it does look different than the old version) and new volume and exterior dimension measurements.

Volunteer Moderator
    Aha! I thought so! =) =) =)

w00t!!!

Does look more laptop-y, though. Will have to see in person! Can't wait! (I think it may just fit my current laptop, but that'll be icing)

UPDATE: I was looking at the Interior/Laptop Sleeve pic on the page and I think I spy a waist belt. It is not mentioned in the product text on the page anywhere I can see. If it has one, then most/all my questions below are already answered.

Darcy et al,
    Is it possible to rig up a cross strap from below the water bottle pocket to where the buckle is on the strap? This would really stabilize this for those of us that ride with this type of bag. I myself wear a pack a lot on my motorcycle and wind speeds can really move a bag around on your back at highway velocities (~+75mph).
    I currently use a Chrome Citizen (http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/show/13/) which has a cross strap the buckles that way and it works very well. But in that bag I have to pack the laptop sleeve and the fold-over flap is wearing along the edges from being in the wind. The Buzz lacks a flap so that issue will be gone along with all the Velcro and buckles.
    My bike doesn't have a sizable fairing so I am out in the wind but it is sporty enough that I am leaned forward far enough to have the slip stream hit the top 1/3 of my shoulders.
    I don't like backpacks because they tend to scoop air between the straps and pull at my shoulders a lot, the one strap messenger bags do not do this.

I really like the new colors/design of the Buzz.

thax
    Last edited by thax; 05-02-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Looked at pics found hidden waist belt

don
    Finally, Buzz that fits MBP 15.4"!
    One important question though :

Does it come with the French label?
    It's just not the Buzz without the infamous French label.

I will be in Seattle on May 9. Looking forward to visiting the
    factory showroom when I'm there. Should I call on May 9,
    maybe a few hours before I stop by?

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Finally, Buzz that fits MBP 15.4"!
    One important question though :

Does it come with the French label?
    Yes, it does.

See you next Wednesday! We will be there, but please do give us a call before you stop by just to make sure. If you come by between 10am - 2pm, you could see the TOM BIHN factory in action.

Volunteer Moderator
    It fits! WAHOOO it fits!!! My HP Pavillion dv1010us fits in the new Buzz! =D

(Still waiting for Apple to come out with that 12" or under MacBook Pro-type laptop)

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    It fits! WAHOOO it fits!!! My HP Pavillion dv1010us fits in the new Buzz! =D

(Still waiting for Apple to come out with that 12" or under MacBook Pro-type laptop)
    Very cool!!!!!

Just Got my new Buzz!

I was looking for a slightly larger version of my old Buzz and this is really nice. Yes, it does have a waist strap which was surprising. I'm not sure it needs it.

I got the Black/Black/Steel and it's elegant (if you can say that about a backpack -g). I used it for the first time today. It hugs my back nicely.

Volunteer Moderator
    I love the waist strap!!! It totally helps if you're carrying the Buzz for an extended period of time. I was doing so yesterday, and without a laptop (just a paperback textbook) and it was getting heavy, so I thought, "Why not try out the waist strap?" Turned out to be a great idea... my shoulder really needed it! I think that was one of the small quibbles I had with the original Buzz too... that it wasn't super for extended periods, but the waist strap totally takes care of that issue. =)

The waist strap on the Buzz is also great for people who ride bicycles or motorcycles: it keeps the bag from swinging to the front of you when you're riding. And if you don't like/need to use the waist strap, you can remove it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0