Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Ego Messenger Bag

Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't get search to work for me right now.

The email said there was a prototype of this already. I'd like to know its size in relation to the Imago and ID.

Also it sounds like there are no plans for a smaller brain bag and that a completely different kind of backpack is being designed.

Volunteer Moderator
    From a recent forum post by Darcy:

Specs on the Ego are:
    23 liters / 1400 cu.in.
    390mm x 340mm x 160mm
    15.3 x 13.3 x 6.3"
    Weight: 1.2 kg / 2 lbs 10oz
    Therefore, Imago//ID//Ego:

Imago 14.5" x 12.25" x 3.5" / 370 x 310 x 90mm; 600 cubic inches / 10 litres
    ID 15.75" x 12" x 5.5" / 400 x 310 x 140mm; 1275 cubic inches / 20.9 Liters
    Ego 15.3" x 13.3" x 6.3" / 390 x 340 x 160mm; 1400 cubic inches / 23 liters

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Also it sounds like there are no plans for a smaller brain bag and that a completely different kind of backpack is being designed.
    I noticed that and then decided to ignore it because I really hope that isn't so, especially as this newer bag has a built-in laptop compartment. Some people love built-in laptop compartments, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    I noticed that and then decided to ignore it because I really hope that isn't so, especially as this newer bag has a built-in laptop compartment. Some people love built-in laptop compartments, but I don't.
    I know. I actually bought a few years ago my "ideal laptop bag" - not by Tom Bihn. The right size for my body, lots of outside zipped pockets and inside as well, a water bottle pocket etc. I've only used it when I'm traveling and need more than my brain bag. Otherwise I use the brain bag when I'm carrying my notebook and the imago when I'm not. The other bag has a built in notebook pocket. And while it provides good protection for my notebook, it's use is more limited because of that compartment.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Sneak Preview: The Ego

The Ego will be available for pre-order in early February with a shipping date of mid-March.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

And another:
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great! Thanks for the sneak peak!

Another picture....
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-19-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Will there be an option to choose the metal buckle instead of the plastic for the Ego as well?

Oooooh! Man! Better not let me too close to those beauties!!!
    Nice JOB Tom & Co.!!!!! The Crimson W/ Cork is deeevine! but then again so's the Green W/Leopard. You almost want 3 of the bags and three straps for different occassions to mix and match ! Kinda like those transformer watches.
    Too many great bags....
    Not enough arms and shoulders to carry them (all at once )
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 01-19-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suden View Post
    Will there be an option to choose the metal buckle instead of the plastic for the Ego as well?
    Oops...well duh, I just noticed the additional photos above...nice!

So here's a question for you guys...

I think it'd be cool if we made a pop-up gallery that showed how the Super Ego and the Ego look with all of the different colors of strip.

Would that be useful? How big would you want the picture of the bags to be? Would a picture showing a particular color of strip in either a plastic or seat belt buckle work, or would you want pictures of both the plasic and seat belt buckles for each strip color?

Volunteer Moderator
    Darcy, I think that would be super cool! The pics would not need to be any bigger than these that you just posted, smaller should still work as well. And as for the plastic or seat belt buckle, I think either would work for the same color.. it would probably be too redundant otherwise.

On a related but completely sidetracked note, would you ever personalize the seat belt buckle where it says, "Press" to be more Tom Bihn-y? Like with the TB Plane logo? I just think it would be so much more awesome =) Not that I really see myself getting used to the seat belt buckle at all, but just for I guess the coolness factor.

Looks nice! A question (or two)--it looks like the Ego has the same small elastic pockets on the front (next to the water bottle pockets) as the Super Ego. Is this the case? Are they designed for something in particular? I'm not quite sure what to do with them on my SE, and I have to admit I was hoping for a couple of the more secure suede-lined zippered pockets instead . . .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0